Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Minor Forum Issues
(10-01-2023, 04:24 PM)jdean Wrote: Could do with notifications when folk like a post or reply to it.

Also need notifications for PMs and this Buddy request thing too

I concur on the notifications for people liking or replying to a post.  I miss that already.

With regard to the PMs and Buddy requests, I've get notified on the main page with a pink banner saying your have such a request pending.  You then navigate to your User Control and act upon it.
jdean likes this post
I thought I saw an option "mark all posts as read" under the "new posts" link. I can't find it now. Is it gone or are my eyes just playing tricks? Once there starts to become too numerous posts between viewing, this is helpful to manage posts and topics that one may be specifically seeking.
Currently, I seem to be unable to like a post or give it a "thanks". When I look at people's profiles, I see the following:
%%TYL_NUMTHANKEDLIKED%%

So for example, when I look at Leonardo's post above me I see:
Threads: 3
%%TYL_NUMTHANKEDLIKED%%

Et cetera. What could be causing this?
23andMe
Scandinavian 95.8%
Finnish 4.2%
(10-01-2023, 08:08 PM)Strider99 Wrote: Currently, I seem to be unable to like a post or give it a "thanks". When I look at people's profiles, I see the following:
%%TYL_NUMTHANKEDLIKED%%

%%TYL_NUMTHANKEDLIKED%%

I've got the same problem and in fact just wanted to thank you yourself Strider99 over on our ancient I1 thread. Incidentally if a moderator could move that from I to I-M253 we'd all appreciate it. I also couldn't "quote" Strider when replying here.
Strider99 likes this post
(10-01-2023, 08:33 PM)JonikW Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 08:08 PM)Strider99 Wrote: Currently, I seem to be unable to like a post or give it a "thanks". When I look at people's profiles, I see the following:
%%TYL_NUMTHANKEDLIKED%%

%%TYL_NUMTHANKEDLIKED%%

I've got the same problem and in fact just wanted to thank you yourself Strider99 over on our ancient I1 thread. Incidentally if a moderator could move that from I to I-M253 we'd all appreciate it. I also couldn't "quote" Strider when replying here.

ADD: I also found the feature yesterday where you could glaringly see how many thanks a user had awarded and how many they'd received a bit intrusive and feared it could potentially get in the way of the discussion. I hope you don't bring it back. I felt that the system on AG was good where a user could access this information in their control panel if they felt the need.
%%TYL_NUMTHANKEDLIKED%%

%%TYL_NUMTHANKEDLIKED%%

https://genarchivist.com/showthread.php?tid=54&pid=172#pid172
Strider99 likes this post
(10-01-2023, 04:35 PM)AimSmall Wrote:
(10-01-2023, 04:24 PM)jdean Wrote: Could do with notifications when folk like a post or reply to it.

Also need notifications for PMs and this Buddy request thing too

I concur on the notifications for people liking or replying to a post.  I miss that already.

With regard to the PMs and Buddy requests, I've get notified on the main page with a pink banner saying your have such a request pending.  You then navigate to your User Control and act upon it.

Now old likes seem to have disappeared but at least the button is back, I think that went AWOL yesterday ?
Fingers crossed this is connected to the overall problem being fixed.
JonikW likes this post
Keep the annoucements section close to you, it will be easier to understand what is happening in the forum.
I removed the old like system and added a new one, please keep your feedback about it coming!
AimSmall likes this post
(09-30-2023, 05:10 PM)admin Wrote: The Member List has been added back:
Thanks. I think as long as the member list is not high (maybe up to 250) and/or a substantial amount of "old/known" AG users join this is beneficial. At a certain point with established discussions and subforums it might be not as useful anymore and could be moved from main menu or removed completely as it seems more likely you will follow a poster from the link to him in a thread.
I had some problems with logging in due to not receiving a mail to confirm membership hopefully this will do!
(10-02-2023, 04:01 PM)Rodoorn Wrote: I had some problems with logging in due to not receiving a mail to confirm membership hopefully this will do!

Trying checking your spam folder. A lot of the registration emails are ending up there.
Paper Trail: 42% English, 31.5% Scottish, 12.5% Irish, 6.25% German, 6.25% Sicilian & 1.5% French.
LDNA©: Britain & Ireland: 89.3% (51.5% English, 37.8% Scottish & Irish), N.W. Germanic: 7.8%, Europe South: 2.9% (Southern Italy & Sicily)
BigY 700: I1-Z141 >F2642 >Y3649 >Y7198 (c.365 AD) >Y168300 (c.410 AD) >A13248 (c.880 AD) >A13252 (c.1055 AD) >FT81015 (c.1285 AD) >A13243 (c.1620 AD) >FT80854 (c.1700 AD) >FT80630 (1893 AD).
For some reason whenever I click on a post from the main page, I get redirected into the main page. Anyone having the same issue?
admin likes this post
Not I.
admin likes this post
(10-04-2023, 12:53 PM)leonardo Wrote: Not I.

How are alerts working out for you?
(10-03-2023, 05:36 PM)Qrts Wrote: For some reason whenever I click on a post from the main page, I get redirected into the main page. Anyone having the same issue?

Never seen something like it... Is it still hapening?
Qrts likes this post