Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Stolarek et al: Genetic history of East-Central Europe...
(10-07-2023, 04:49 AM)PopGenist82 Wrote: Just plonking this here, as it's slavic related: the Reich lab dated a couple of their BA samples which weren't previously dated, and confirmed that the Y-hg I-L621-CTS10228 found in Yunatsite, Tell Kran, and BA East Romania by C14 methods. 
I'd say most of these groups remained in NE Romania and became entwined with the proto-Slavic expansions.

Are you sure it is CTS10228?
Maybe CTS4002 or only L621.
JMcB likes this post
Has anyone the Trzciniec samples in G25 format? thanks in advance!!!
(10-07-2023, 08:20 PM)Rodoorn Wrote: Has anyone the Trzciniec  samples in G25 format? thanks in advance!!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J0LcyOu...sp=sharing
JMcB, Rodoorn, leonardo like this post
(10-07-2023, 08:00 PM)ph2ter Wrote:
(10-07-2023, 04:49 AM)PopGenist82 Wrote: Just plonking this here, as it's slavic related: the Reich lab dated a couple of their BA samples which weren't previously dated, and confirmed that the Y-hg I-L621-CTS10228 found in Yunatsite, Tell Kran, and BA East Romania by C14 methods. 
I'd say most of these groups remained in NE Romania and became entwined with the proto-Slavic expansions.

I haven’t looked at them, go with whatever the labs or enthusiasts have reported
(10-07-2023, 09:39 PM)bolek Wrote:
(10-07-2023, 08:20 PM)Rodoorn Wrote: Has anyone the Trzciniec  samples in G25 format? thanks in advance!!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J0LcyOu...sp=sharing

Great thanks bolek! On an Youdnaportal- Lukasz knows more Wink test especially my dad and I had a great resemblance with Trzciniec. In G25 it's a bit more on distance, nevertheless in the tendency, the red doted line, seems like a same kind of tendency....hints are welcome.....

[Image: Scherm-afbeelding-2023-10-08-om-10-43-34.png]
(10-08-2023, 07:12 AM)PopGenist82 Wrote:

I haven’t looked at them, go with whatever the labs or enthusiasts have reported

Why then you report such news if you don't know the basic things?
JMcB and Capsian20 like this post
What is the difference between WHG and EHG ?
Target: CapsianWGS_scaled
Distance: 1.2510% / 0.01251049
37.2 Iberomaurusian
36.8 Early_European_Farmer
12.8 Early_Levantine_Farmer
8.0 Steppe_Pastoralist
4.8 SSA
0.4 Iran_Neolithic
FTDNA : 91% North Africa +<2% Bedouin + <2  Southern-Levantinfo + <1 Sephardic Jewish + 3% Malta +  3%  Iberian Peninsula
23andME :  100% North Africa

WGS ( Y-DNA and mtDNA)
Y-DNA: E-A30032< A30480 ~1610 CE
mtDNA: V25b 800CE ? ( age mtDNA not accurate )
(10-08-2023, 10:41 AM)Capsian20 Wrote: What is the difference between WHG and EHG ?

Check out ph2ter's hheat maps, https://genarchivist.com/showthread.php?tid=126.
JMcB and Capsian20 like this post
(10-02-2023, 05:04 PM)Riverman Wrote: The successor of Kisapostag being basically Encrusted Pottery, and those were driven from Western Pannonia to North Croatia and along the Danube to Bulgaria were they met their end (last group Garla Mare) when being overformed and finally replaced by incoming Channelled Ware people which formed Vartop on top of the Encrusted Pottery remains.

What's worth to be mentioned however, is that there are high WHG outliers popping up in the Carpathian Basin later too, like one Meziocsat outlier which is both very different from the local Gáva-Kyjatice people and the steppe newcomers. The individual has higher WHG than Encrusted Pottery even and is at that time a complete outlier. It proves that a very WHG-rich population still existed somewhere in the vicinity of the Carpathian basin - like it was picked up in the forest steppe by incoming Cimmerians.

But since its a complete, isolated outlier, we can't say where it came from.

We have discused this before there are clearly two diferent WHG groups one is the BS drift NE ghost population and the other is the Carpathian/Transylvanian/East Pannonian WHG group of unknown maybe Mesolithic Balkan origin that is evident by Alfold-LBK being packed with I2a and the L621 Chalcolithic push from Romania into Bulgaria.
leonardo likes this post

?Alfold-LBK/Subneolithic Transylvania?
Tiszapolgar<>Boian/Gulmenita-Kodzadermen-Karanovo
Mars and Mercury. A golden wolf from Western Poland – a mysterious find

Abstract
The paper discusses a mysterious zoomorphic wolf-shaped copper alloy artefact that was discovered as a stray find in Międzyrzecz (Poland). The find is bar-like with a profiled engraved image of a lying animal, possibly a wolf. It is locally gilded on the visible side of “wolf” details. The gilding was made using an amalgam technique known since Antiquity, with the base metal composed of arsenical copper alloy with lead addition. A fixing element made of iron has only survived fragmentarily, which renders the reconstruction of the entire artefact’s shape impossible. Its function has not been identified, but a broad spectrum of possible interpretations has been proposed. Stylistic traits allow to date the artefact to the Migration Period, or more specifically to the 6th century. The wolf image implies that the artefact can be related to the Germanic warriors’ world. At present, it cannot be determined whether there was a 6th century settlement cluster in the vicinity of Międzyrzecz to which the find can be related, or we are dealing with an isolated testimony of population translocations.

https://www.degruyter.com/document/doi/1...-2063/html
JMcB, Alain, Orentil like this post
Also, I would highly recommend reading this publication  - http://www.mpov.uw.edu.pl/userfiles/pl/B...kladka.pdf
Orentil, Alain, alexfritz And 1 others like this post
(10-08-2023, 10:11 AM)ph2ter Wrote:
(10-08-2023, 07:12 AM)PopGenist82 Wrote:

Why then you report such news if you don't know the basic things?

I know enough, Mr expert. I didn’t bother writing specific sub-sub-clade, which can be seen here https://discover.familytreedna.com/y-dna/I-L621/tree
and that hasn’t changed

The news is the confirmation of the Bronze Age dating by C14 methodology.

feel free to adjust your gimmicky heat maps accordingly
(10-08-2023, 01:18 PM)vasil Wrote:

?Alfold-LBK/Subneolithic Transylvania?
Tiszapolgar<>Boian/Gulmenita-Kodzadermen-Karanovo

The Bulgarian BA samples look like an early, limited migration during the Bronze Age from Romania. They post-date the Karanovo horizon
Bronze Age descendants of a previously unknown population near the Lake Balaton - new archaeogenomic results

The primary aim of the whole genome study was to uncover the population history events that took place over a time span of almost thousand years. The results show that the genome of the earliest individual that belongs to the Somogyvár-Vinkovci culture, is the one-third mixture of the autochthonous population of southern Transdanubia, and two-third mixture of a previously uncharacterised branch of the presumably Indo-European speaking steppe populations, probably from the Baltic region. In genetic terms, the population represented by this individual was more similar to the modern communities in the Balkans, rather than to  the one associated with the Kisapostag culture, which displaced them from the region sometime around 2200 BC. Based on a whole genome analysis of 11 remains, this newcomer population had an unprecedentedly high so-called ancient hunter-gatherer genetic ancestry compared to contemporaneous populations in Europe.

The history of hunter-gatherers goes back to pre-glacial times. They were the indigenous people of Europe before the spread of agriculture, who were gradually absorbed into the new farming groups arriving from the Middle East from the 7th millennium BC onwards. The last isolated communities are known to have disappeared from Europe by the beginning of the 4th millennium BC. However, genetic analysis on the Kisapostag associated population has radically extended their - genetic - survival. The analyzed population originates from a largely intact hunter-gatherer source in Eastern Europe prior to their appearance in Transdanubia. It is important to note that a recent, parallel study (Chylenski et al. 2023) also recognised the importance of this genetic component, based on the data from the Eastern European region, but they linked this source to the Baltic region, whereas  present publication points to a previously unknown source in present-day western Ukraine/Moldova.

"By following the genetic traces, we have been able to detect several appearances of this very ancestry from contemporaneous populations and mostly outliers found in Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, Ukraine and the Baltic States. These results are going to help to resolve a number of archaeological and archaeogenetic discrepancies concerning European prehistory," emphasized Dániel Gerber.
leonardo, Parastais, Gordius And 5 others like this post