Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Check for new replies
The increase of Iran/Zagros Neo ancestry in northwestern Iran in BA
Most of You have probably noticed that in Bronze Age northwestern Iran there is an increase of Zagros Neo ancestry.
After some research I came to the conclusion that it's related to the spread of Grey ware which was previously erroneously considered as an Iron Age pottery. 
This spread coincide with the first mention of Kassites and Aryan terms.

More details here.

https://aramepal.blogspot.com/2024/03/th...n.html?m=0
RCO likes this post
(05-06-2024, 10:18 AM)Aramu Wrote: Most of You have probably noticed that in Bronze Age northwestern Iran there is an increase of Zagros Neo ancestry.
After some research I came to the conclusion that it's related to the spread of Grey ware which was previously erroneously considered as an Iron Age pottery. 

More details here.

It certainly isnt related to Indo-Iranians and especially not to Mitanni-Maryanu. Lack of Steppe_MLBA and uniparental markers linked to Indo-Iranians especially for such an early period make a connection unlikely.
Psynome, jamtastic, pegasus like this post
(05-06-2024, 12:03 PM)Andar Wrote:
(05-06-2024, 10:18 AM)Aramu Wrote: Most of You have probably noticed that in Bronze Age northwestern Iran there is an increase of Zagros Neo ancestry.

More details here.

It certainly isnt related to Indo-Iranians and especially not to Mitanni-Maryanu. Lack of Steppe_MLBA and uniparental markers linked to Indo-Iranians especially for such an early period make a connection unlikely.

The samples size is small, imho with more sampling we will see some outliers similar to Hasanlu LBA A. Which has more steppe ancestry.

Those Dinkha tepe B samples also have some trace level of steppe ancestry. Even though I am not sure are they of MLBA type or Yamnaya.
Anyway I don't see who else could have triggered those migrations. The most earliest evidence of Aryan terms in Near East is dated at 1700bce. So a movement from Central Asia must have started at that period via the north Iran.
(05-06-2024, 02:28 PM)Aramu Wrote: Anyway I don't see who else could have triggered those migrations. The most earliest evidence of Aryan terms in Near East is dated at 1700bce. So a movement from Central Asia must have started at that period via the north Iran.

There might be a very early presence of some Indo-Iranians in the Near East around 1700 BC (some unpublished letter points to this) that early but so far we have no concrete genetic evidence for this. There is Steppe in NW Iran but that is rather from the Caucasus and northwest hence R1b-Z2103 often popping up. There is also no evidence that the J1, J2 or L in sites like Hasanlu is related to Indo-iranians. It split from BMAC subclades long before Indo-Iranian migrations in 4000 BC and before (important is not the macrohaplogroup but actual subclade downstream) and even today there is no Pan-Indo-Iranian J2, J1 or L1a clade that can be linked with such kind of migration (a clade with a TMRCA younger than 3000 BC that is shared from Kurdistan to Central Asia to India)
Psynome, Aramu, jamtastic like this post
(05-06-2024, 02:36 PM)Andar Wrote: There might be a very early presence of some Indo-Iranians in the Near East that early but so far we have no concrete genetic evidence for this.

How about the outliers from Alalakh and Megiddo MLBA?
(05-06-2024, 02:45 PM)Kale Wrote:
(05-06-2024, 02:36 PM)Andar Wrote: There might be a very early presence of some Indo-Iranians in the Near East that early but so far we have no concrete genetic evidence for this.

Megiddo Mlba is later around 1500 BC with definite Indo-Iranian ancestry (they also carry R1a and Steppe MLBA probably) but Alalakh outliner has no Indo-Iranian-related ancestry (she is a pure BMAC-related person basically)
jamtastic likes this post
Real data of an Ancient Iranian-Aryan connection is here:

J1 Hasanlu 4097 - NW Iran - 1425-1284 BCE

https://discover.familytreedna.com/y-dna/J-ZS6602/tree

BMAC Central Asia, NW Iran, Iraq Kurdistan, Kazakhstan in the same J1 clade

the 2 Megiddo outliers are Mitanni and the Alalakh outlier is BMAC

Megiddo outliers are 75% Bronze Age Upper Mesopotamian + 20% Steppe MLBA + 5% WSHG
(05-06-2024, 05:43 PM)RCO Wrote: Real data of an Ancient Iranian-Aryan connection is here:

J1 Hasanlu 4097 - NW Iran - 1425-1284 BCE

https://discover.familytreedna.com/y-dna/J-ZS6602/tree

BMAC Central Asia, NW Iran, Iraq Kurdistan, Kazakhstan in the same J1 clade

Their common ancestors lived in 4000 BC and before so much more likely linked to Neolithic movements in Iranian Plateau during this period than to Indo-Iranian movements that happened much later after 2000 BC. An Indo-Iranian J1 clade would have a Pan-Indo-Iranian distribution and much younger TMRCA starting around 1500-2500 BC
jamtastic, Psynome, Southpaw And 1 others like this post
(05-07-2024, 03:23 AM)ilabv Wrote:

Megiddo outliers are 75% Bronze Age Upper Mesopotamian + 20% Steppe MLBA + 5% WSHG
No, they have significant Caucasus and Catacomb related admixture as well they are not just pure Steppe MLBA , thats why its difficult to get a definitive result, I tried tonnes of times. The other older outlier is definitely just Steppe MLBA + IAMC admixture , she was almost certain the product of a local Canaanite woman and a very early Mitanni warrior. We still need to find the OG Mitanni ie the father of this girl, hopefully his remains are there somewhere. We need new samples , I am tired of using old samples from 4-6 years ago. 
Alalakh_o has a lot of excess WSHG ancestry, she is more on the lines of Bustan_o1 than BMAC proper.
Aramu likes this post
(05-07-2024, 07:15 PM)pegasus Wrote:
(05-07-2024, 03:23 AM)ilabv Wrote:
(05-06-2024, 02:45 PM)Kale Wrote: How about the outliers from Alalakh and Megiddo MLBA?

No, they have significant Caucasus and Catacomb related admixture as well they are not just pure Steppe MLBA , thats why its difficult to get a definitive result, I tried tonnes of times. The other older outlier is definitely just Steppe MLBA + IAMC admixture , she was almost certain the product of a local Canaanite woman and a very early Mitanni warrior. We still need to find the OG Mitanni ie the father of this girl, hopefully his remains are there somewhere. We need new samples , I am tired of using old samples from 4-6 years ago. 
Alalakh_o has a lot of excess WSHG ancestry, she is more on the lines of Bustan_o1 than BMAC proper.

No evidence whatsoever of Caucasus and Catacomb ancestry
(05-08-2024, 07:15 AM)ilabv Wrote:
(05-07-2024, 07:15 PM)pegasus Wrote:
(05-07-2024, 03:23 AM)ilabv Wrote: the 2 Megiddo outliers are Mitanni and the Alalakh outlier is BMAC

That is incorrect, the paper stated they do have excess Caucasus ancestry which  indeed they do, but its layered ancestry (Steppe MLBA + Catacomb), I extensively modelled all 3 outliers on AG , the siblings have complex admixture otherwise you would not get such a sterling model with Hajji Firuz BA, which likely means they picked up ancestry in that Urmia region before going to the Levant. 

The reason these individuals are distinct from the rest is that their Caucasus- or Zagros-related genetic component is much higher, reflecting ongoing gene flow into the region from the northeast

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar...7420304876

https://i.imgur.com/DDZje15.png
Aramu likes this post
(05-08-2024, 09:36 AM)pegasus Wrote:
(05-08-2024, 07:15 AM)ilabv Wrote:
(05-07-2024, 07:15 PM)pegasus Wrote: No, they have significant Caucasus and Catacomb related admixture as well they are not just pure Steppe MLBA , thats why its difficult to get a definitive result, I tried tonnes of times. The other older outlier is definitely just Steppe MLBA + IAMC admixture , she was almost certain the product of a local Canaanite woman and a very early Mitanni warrior. We still need to find the OG Mitanni ie the father of this girl, hopefully his remains are there somewhere. We need new samples , I am tired of using old samples from 4-6 years ago. 

That is incorrect, the paper stated they do have excess Caucasus ancestry which  indeed they do, but its layered ancestry (Steppe MLBA + Catacomb), I extensively modelled all 3 outliers on AG , the siblings have complex admixture otherwise you would not get such a sterling model with Hajji Firuz BA, which likely means they picked up ancestry in that Urmia region before going to the Levant. 

The reason these individuals are distinct from the rest is that their Caucasus- or Zagros-related genetic component is much higher, reflecting ongoing gene flow into the region from the northeast

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar...7420304876

https://i.imgur.com/DDZje15.png

Ok, now model them with Bronze Age Upper Mesos, Steppe MLBA (Sintashta), and WSHG

Check for new replies