Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Ancestry composition updated: April 06, 2024
It looks like 23andme is improving.

After coming soon haplogroup redefinition announced, now we have new ethinicities.

From the changelog:
Genetic Groups and/or Country Matches last computed on April 06, 2024 

I hope this company will stay nevertheless last problems.
Capsian20, Riverman, lg16 like this post
By now, not changes for me. My last update of genetics groups was in July 2022.
boiler20100203, lg16, Nqp15hhu And 1 others like this post
23andMe: 98.8% Spanish & Portuguese, 0.3% Ashkenazi Jewish, 0.9% Trace Ancestry (0.4% Coptic Egypcian, 0.3% Nigerian, 0.2% Bengali & Northeast Indian).

My Heritage: 91.5% Iberian, 3.6% Ashkenazi Jewish, 2.7% Middle East, 2.2% Irish Scottish and Welsh.

The truth doesn’t become more authentic because whole world agrees with it.RaMBaM

-M. De la Torre, converse of jew-
-D. de Castilla, converse of moor-
-M. de Navas, converse of moor-
(04-27-2024, 09:48 AM)Rober_tce Wrote: By now, not changes for me. My last update of genetics groups was in July 2022.

Neither has my family. My wife got the English breakdown in January 2023 and my grandma got some kind of GC update in September 2023, by my grandfather, mom, cousin and myself last had updates in July 2022.
Nqp15hhu, Rober_tce, Square like this post
yDNA: Pomerania, 1854
mtDNA: Bagneux, Indre, Centre-Val de Loire, France (grandma born Bagneux 1927, 6x great grandma born Bagneux 1769)
Change in my ethnic composition, but this is minor.
On the other hand, real change in the genetic groups!

Before 23andMe was content to indicate the administrative regions of France, now their groups are more diverse.
My ancestors are indeed in my two new genetic groups:
Riverman, boiler20100203, Square like this post

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(04-27-2024, 05:59 PM)Tolan Wrote: Change in my ethnic composition, but this is minor.

Before 23andMe was content to indicate the administrative regions of France, now their groups are more diverse.

My grandma’s updated too, she got Paris Basin. Location #6 is our maternal line for generations, Centre Val de Loire. The rest of my family’s has not updated yet.
Tolan likes this post

mtDNA: Bagneux, Indre, Centre-Val de Loire, France (grandma born Bagneux 1927, 6x great grandma born Bagneux 1769)
No update for me. Last update shows July 23, 2021. Of course no haplo update because I never tested with v5 and even if I had my 2nd cousin (same direct paternal line) already had the correct haplogroup so that's what I would get with v5. Haplogroups at 23andme are too old anyway. Everyone needs to get a Big Y-700 or WGS test for the haplogroup.
Rober_tce, boiler20100203, Capsian20 And 1 others like this post
(04-27-2024, 07:40 PM)boiler20100203 Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 05:59 PM)Tolan Wrote: Change in my ethnic composition, but this is minor.

My grandma’s updated too, she got Paris Basin. Location #6 is our maternal line for generations, Centre Val de Loire. The rest of my family’s has not updated yet.

I also get Grand Est, actually Vosges, Grand East France ....................next to the region of Saarland Germany

who is from grand est of your line

from myheritage site below

Period of bottom map is year 1650
Grand Est
Vosges
Givet
Oberdorf-Spachbach

Saarland
St. Wendel
Wadern
Saarbrücken

Maternal side yDna branch is   R1b - S8172
Paternal Grandfather mother's line is    I1- Z131 - A9804

Veneto 75.8%, Austria 5%, Saarland 3.4%, Friuli 3.2%, Trentino 2.6%, Donau Schwaben 1%, Marche 0.8%

BC Ancient Sites I am connected to, Wels Austria, Sipar Istria and Gissa Dalmatia
(04-27-2024, 09:41 PM)Moeca Wrote:
(04-27-2024, 07:40 PM)boiler20100203 Wrote:

I also get Grand Est, actually Vosges, Grand East France ....................next to the region of Saarland Germany

who is from grand est of your line

from myheritage site below

Period of bottom map is year 1650
Grand Est
Vosges
Givet
Oberdorf-Spachbach

Saarland
St. Wendel
Wadern
Saarbrücken

No Grand Est in my line to my knowledge. My grandma’s 8 great grandparents were all from Indre, Centre Val de Loire. Many including her, born in Bagneux. Beyond great grandparents, it’s still mostly Indre or Cher.
Moeca likes this post

Still no updates for me or my mum on either front.
boiler20100203 likes this post
Avatar: The obverse of a coin of Kanishka I depicting the Buddha, with the Greco-Bactrian legend ΒΟΔΔΟ.

Follow my attempt at reviving Pictish.
Romanes-lekhipen- the Romani alphabet.
These are still somewhat weird - TBH.

One of my connected third cousins updated; with minimal F&G she gets this with no tie to Netherlands. Still surprised she gets France with no connection there either, while my immediate family couldn't buy a GC. Hoping Germany gets updated too - I've had the inaccurate Bavaria and Berlin since the inception of these locations.

Still no update for my immediate family other than grandma.
Rober_tce and Tolan like this post

.png   Screenshot 2024-04-28 140213.png (Size: 57.84 KB / Downloads: 143)
Hate to sound like the skeptic, but I think that’s it - whoever was going to update, already updated. I have a 2C that just tested in January 2024 and updated April 6 with a Low Countries community and 13.7% F&G.

My mom is half French, still no location or community for her. Since first testing in 2019. Last updated 2022. Looking at the F&G communities, it’s mostly French or Low Countries. Pretty anticlimactic if only people with existing locations update.

Maybe next time, they will actually update rather than cherry pick.
Tolan likes this post
My genetic groups keep on equal since 2022. I don’t expect any change for me, it’s clear this update isn’t general. 

Only paternal haplogroup has been updated, althought there aren’t changes as I suppossed.
boiler20100203 likes this post
23andMe: 98.8% Spanish & Portuguese, 0.3% Ashkenazi Jewish, 0.9% Trace Ancestry (0.4% Coptic Egypcian, 0.3% Nigerian, 0.2% Bengali & Northeast Indian).

My Heritage: 91.5% Iberian, 3.6% Ashkenazi Jewish, 2.7% Middle East, 2.2% Irish Scottish and Welsh.

The truth doesn’t become more authentic because whole world agrees with it.RaMBaM

-M. De la Torre, converse of jew-
-D. de Castilla, converse of moor-
-M. de Navas, converse of moor-
Still no update on my end. Will be disappointed if it's just a regions enhancement.
Avatar: The obverse of a coin of Kanishka I depicting the Buddha, with the Greco-Bactrian legend ΒΟΔΔΟ.

Follow my attempt at reviving Pictish.
Romanes-lekhipen- the Romani alphabet.
(05-02-2024, 12:02 PM)boiler20100203 Wrote: Hate to sound like the skeptic, but I think that’s it - whoever was going to update, already updated. I have a 2C that just tested in January 2024 and updated April 6 with a Low Countries community and 13.7% F&G.

My mom is half French, still no location or community for her. Since first testing in 2019. Last updated 2022. Looking at the F&G communities, it’s mostly French or Low Countries. Pretty anticlimactic if only people with existing locations update.

Maybe next time, they will actually update rather than cherry pick.

I'm v5 chip tested in 2019. I'm half northern French and no update for now. "Genetic Groups and/or Country Matches last computed on July 24, 2022" But I can see the new genetic groups under "scientific details", weird.
Riverman, boiler20100203, Rober_tce like this post
It looks like 23andme is improving for only a small percent of the testers and the haplogroups are only changing for those people that were assigned a false positive that I had pointed out in a separate thread which I had identified years ago. I still don't know if they have fixed the false negative issue with Z272, Z295/S1217, and CTS241/DF13/S521.
Nqp15hhu, boiler20100203, szin And 1 others like this post