Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Check for new replies
Genomelink impression
Hello, everyone! I hope you're all doing well. I'm writing here to ask everyone's opinion on genomelink's accuracy with regards to ancestry output. Specifically,  I'm curious about anyone with Ashkenazi and/or Romani ancestry. What do you think of the service? Even if you lack this ancestry and have used the service, I'm interested in your take too. Thanks!
Has anyone used their service?
Not Romani or Ashkenazi but still pretty inaccurate for me
I view it as somewhat inaccurate, but it does have me as 43% Steppe Pastoralists, which appears to be normal for someone of my genetic profile (91.3% Northwest European, 8.0% Southern European, 0.6% Native American).
I have Romani and more distant Jewish ancestry.

My European breakdown gives me about as much Roma as would be expected for a ~1/16 Romanichal descendant (2%- the Romanichal are very mixed compared to Eastern European Roma), and it gives me 1% each Central European and "Hispanic" (Sephardic) Jewish.

What I will say is it overestimates my Northern European (Sami/Finnic) and South Slavic components compared to other services, and underestimates my Irish and Scandinavian. I'm used to it sucking a deal of my British component into Germanic so it doesn't really bother me that it gives me over half as much Germanic as it does Great Britain. It also gives me 6% Southern Italian, which isn't borne out by other admix runs.

As for the global breakdown it gives me 1% each West African and East Asian, populations I almost never score on admix runs. Again, it severely overestimates my Eastern Euro input.
Avatar: The obverse of a coin of Kanishka I depicting the Buddha, with the Greco-Bactrian legend ΒΟΔΔΟ.

Follow my attempt at reviving Pictish.
Romanes-lekhipen- the Romani alphabet.

Check for new replies