Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Check for new replies
What is your favorite food ?
This is my guilty pleasure, metworst, typical North Dutch food.

The Groningen one is filled with cloves.

[Image: Scherm-afbeelding-2024-04-05-om-21-01-41.png]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metworst#/...tworst.JPG
Capsian20, rmstevens2, jdean And 1 others like this post
For me it's just food, bring it on.

The no. of things I genuinely don't like is pitifully small but I avoid anything to do with franchises like the plague : )
Capsian20, rmstevens2, JonikW like this post
Chaource has been one of my 'go to' cheeses for years.

[Image: 2880px-Chaource_%28fromage%29_01.jpg]

If you're lucky enough this can be found made with raw milk.

According to the web this is a creamy cheese with a crumbly texture but look for the softest one in the shop as the older ones will have started turning molter close to the rind and if you keep it for a while in a cool place the whole thing will turn into a white goo that will empty out when you cut into it (make sure to place on a plate), yum yum : )))))
rmstevens2, JonikW, Webb And 1 others like this post
(04-08-2024, 08:45 AM)jdean Wrote: Chaource has been one of my 'go to' cheeses for years.

[Image: 2880px-Chaource_%28fromage%29_01.jpg]

If you're lucky enough this can be found made with raw milk.

According to the web this is a creamy cheese with a crumbly texture but look for the softest one in the shop as the older ones will have started turning molter close to the rind and if you keep it for a while in a cool place the whole thing will turn into a white goo that will empty out when you cut into it (make sure to place on a plate), yum yum : )))))

Years ago I enjoyed a dish at an Italian restaurant that I have never come across since, unfortunately.  It was a steak, medium rare, of course, topped with goat cheese, basil, and sauce.  They must have put the goat cheese on the steak while it was still hot as the goat cheese was almost completely melted, but not so soft that it ran off of the steak.  The basil and the sauce toned down the tartness of the goat cheese just enough.  I still think about it and sigh.
Capsian20, rmstevens2, JonikW And 1 others like this post
Texas Chili
[Image: Texas-Chili1-SpendWithPennies.jpg]
Webb, Running4Borders, rmstevens2 And 2 others like this post
(04-22-2024, 11:31 PM)AimSmall Wrote: Texas Chili
[Image: Texas-Chili1-SpendWithPennies.jpg]

The only thing I would add is some Frito-Lay corn chips.  The small chips.
rmstevens2, Running4Borders, JonikW like this post

Check for new replies