Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

What is your favorite food ?
My favorite food local
Pastilla 
Rafissa
Seffa 

I like also food italian
Pasta 
Pizza

What about you ?
JMcB, leonardo, Jalisciense And 7 others like this post
Target: CapsianWGS_scaled
Distance: 1.2510% / 0.01251049
37.2 Iberomaurusian
36.8 Early_European_Farmer
12.8 Early_Levantine_Farmer
8.0 Steppe_Pastoralist
4.8 SSA
0.4 Iran_Neolithic
FTDNA : 91% North Africa +<2% Bedouin + <2  Southern-Levantinfo + <1 Sephardic Jewish + 3% Malta +  3%  Iberian Peninsula
23andME :  100% North Africa

WGS ( Y-DNA and mtDNA)
Y-DNA: E-A30032< A30480 ~1610 CE
mtDNA: V25b 800CE ? ( age mtDNA not accurate )
(10-19-2023, 07:33 PM)Capsian20 Wrote: My favorite food local
Pastilla 
Rafissa
Seffa 

I like also food italian
Pasta 
Pizza

What about you ?

I'll choose five as well Capsian. Tough choice because I'm also a fan of many other things including everything Italian:

Full English/Welsh/Scottish/Irish breakfast. No explanation needed as to why I would like this classic.

Khinkali  (my wife is Georgian and I'm also a proud citizen of that great land)

Doner kebab, a Turkish masterpiece. I love the original and all its derivatives, popular everywhere including Britain and Germany.

Cornish pasty. I'm glad those have to be made in Cornwall to carry the name.

Lamb bhuna. I'm very happy that Indian food and some local innovations such as our very own chicken tikka masala have become British staples, available in every high street.
Æsir, Webb, Capsian20 And 5 others like this post
Y: I1 Z140+ FT354410+; mtDNA: V78
Recent tree: mainly West Country England and Southeast Wales
Y line: Peak District, c.1300. Swedish IA/VA matches; last = 715AD YFull, 849AD FTDNA
mtDNA: Llanvihangel Pont-y-moile, 1825
Mother's Y: R-BY11922+; Llanvair Discoed, 1770
Avatar: Welsh Borders hillfort, 1980s
Anthrogenica member 2015-23
Hard to pick one, like others have said.
A meal of pasta in a red tomato sauce with mushrooms, chicken on the side, along with a nice salad is at the top.
Then again, a side of prime beef, with mashed potatoes and gravy and some kind vegetable - like asparagus is up there too.
I am also a huge pork fan. A pork chop stuffed with a bread dressing is delicious. A potato pancake on the side goes nicely with fresh greens beans.
For breakfast, if I have my choice, an egg omelet with ham, cheese, onion and mushrooms or several eggs over easy with toast and bacon would be my go to.
Pizza for lunch is always a favorite.
Webb, Capsian20, JMcB And 5 others like this post
I am  big foodie. So it's going to a big list.

Here I go !:
Bacon.
Pizza
Cabbage rolls ( sarmale)
Shrimp
Fish
Fried wings 
All deep things in genera
Cheetos
Nachos
All bbq foods
Tacos
Mash potatoes
Kebabs
Mici ( grilled minced meat rolls, traditionally made from lamb meat, but usually is found from mixed meats )
Shawarma 
Gyros
Mamaliga
Mozzarella
Pasta
Meatballs
Beef
Pork
 Chicken
Lamb 
Turkey
Ham
Eggs

I am going to stop now because if I don't I will be here for hours lol
rmstevens2, Gray Fox, JMcB And 5 others like this post
If I had to pick one it would be a good plate of authentic Italian or Italian-style spaghetti with meat in a garlicky marinara sauce, with garlic bread. Good lasagna would run a close second. I also love good pizza, which excludes that thin-crust NYC-style crud, which I have eaten in NYC to my great disappointment. I enjoyed my time in NYC, but I don't like NYC-style pizza. Sorry.

As far as I know, I have no Italian ancestry, but I sure do love good Italian food.
Dts, leonardo, Gray Fox And 5 others like this post
Let us now praise famous men, and our fathers that begat us.

- Wisdom of Sirach 44:1
Pizza
mozzarella sticks with marinara sauce
soft flour tacos from Taco Bell with fire sauce
Burger King Whoppers (no mayo)
Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich (no mayo)
Beef ravioli
JMcB, Webb, Capsian20 And 5 others like this post
FTDNA: Central Europe 41%, England, Wales, and Scotland 38%, Scandinavia 3%, East Slavic 13%, West Slavic 2%Greece & Balkans <2%, Finland <1%
Italian food

Mexican food

American food- Burgers, BBQ, fried chicken etc.

Chinese food

One that I see regularly on YouTube is Brits reacting to/trying American biscuits and gravy. Seriously, to anyone who hasn't tried it, try it if you get the opportunity. I prefer my own, but most restaurants (here in the south anyways) serve some variation of it. Fix some of that with some good hash/hashbrowns, eggs (I prefer scrambled) and some bacon. Thats a meal I can eat any time of the day!
leonardo, rmstevens2, JonikW And 4 others like this post
(10-23-2023, 03:37 AM)Gray Fox Wrote: Italian food

Mexican food

Chinese food

One that I see regularly on YouTube is Brits reacting to/trying American biscuits and gravy. Seriously, to anyone who hasn't tried it, try it if you get the opportunity. I prefer my own, but most restaurants (here in the south anyways) serve some variation of it. Fix some of that with some good hash/hashbrowns, eggs (I prefer scrambled) and some bacon. Thats a meal I can eat any time of the day!

I love biscuits and gravy, but talk about a heart stopper!
rmstevens2, JonikW, Capsian20 And 3 others like this post
(10-23-2023, 10:10 AM)leonardo Wrote:
(10-23-2023, 03:37 AM)Gray Fox Wrote: Italian food

Mexican food

Chinese food

Absolutely! Definitely a treat here and there! Though I'd imagine it served our forebearers well for the arduous working conditions they routinely dealt with. Cheap, dense and calorie rich!
rmstevens2, Webb, JMcB And 3 others like this post
Tongue 
(10-23-2023, 10:23 AM)Gray Fox Wrote:
(10-23-2023, 10:10 AM)leonardo Wrote:
(10-23-2023, 03:37 AM)Gray Fox Wrote: Italian food

Mexican food

Chinese food

Absolutely! Definitely a treat here and there! Though I'd imagine it served our forebearers well for the arduous working conditions they routinely dealt with. Cheap, dense and calorie rich!

Yeah, few of them were overweight.
rmstevens2, Webb, JonikW And 2 others like this post
I love biscuits and gravy, especially sausage gravy. I was raised on that, among other things.

A lot of people don't understand what we mean when we say "biscuits and gravy" though. I think the British call "biscuits" what we call "cookies".

My mother always used Bisquick mix for her biscuits, but there are other brands.

[Image: bisxuits-and-sausage-gravy.jpg]

I chop all that up and mix it together, sometimes with grits and/or with hashbrown potatoes. That's the way I like it.

That's sausage gravy in the photo above. Without the sausage the gravy is just kind of smooth and white. My mother always referred to the plain white gravy as "chicken gravy", but I'm not sure why, because chicken is not part of the ingredients. Maybe it's because it was frequently served with chicken, especially over mashed potatoes.
Capsian20, JMcB, Webb And 3 others like this post

Anyone here eat "soup beans"? Another one of those heavy, savory meals that fuel you for the day ahead. I like mine plain with some cornbread mixed in with them. 

Soup beans - Wikipedia
JMcB, rmstevens2, Webb And 3 others like this post
(10-24-2023, 01:35 AM)rmstevens2 Wrote: I love biscuits and gravy, especially sausage gravy. I was raised on that, among other things.

A lot of people don't understand what we mean when we say "biscuits and gravy" though. I think the British call "biscuits" what we call "cookies".

My mother always used Bisquick mix for her biscuits, but there are other brands.

[Image: bisxuits-and-sausage-gravy.jpg]

I chop all that up and mix it together, sometimes with grits and/or with hashbrown potatoes. That's the way I like it.

That's sausage gravy in the photo above. Without the sausage the gravy is just kind of smooth and white. My mother always referred to the plain white gravy as "chicken gravy", but I'm not sure why, because chicken is not part of the ingredients. Maybe it's because it was frequently served with chicken, especially over mashed potatoes.

Same thing with the dish known as Pittsburgh City Chicken. There's no chicken in it. I guess chicken is so popular that they used to refer to it to appeal to people's appetites?
https://polishhousewife.com/city-chicken...an-recipe/
Gray Fox, Capsian20, Dts And 3 others like this post
(10-24-2023, 05:24 AM)Gray Fox Wrote: Anyone here eat "soup beans"? Another one of those heavy, savory meals that fuel you for the day ahead. I like mine plain with some cornbread mixed in with them. 

Soup beans - Wikipedia

My mom sometimes referred to Great Northern beans as soup beans, and we had them often with cornbread, and often with green onions sliced up and tossed in after the beans were cooked.
Webb, JonikW, Capsian20 And 2 others like this post

My wife's mom was Italian so I'm blessed with a Italian cook. Her lasagna is my favorite food. I think it's my favorite because she teases me with it by not cooking it as often as I would like it.

I've been known to pile up some lobster tails, which runs a close second.

I love to smoke meat "BBQ", or grill. I cook most anything on the grill or in the smoker.  My wife and I love all those foods.
Capsian20, Jalisciense, JonikW And 4 others like this post

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

From Middle Tennessee USA
Equal parts Celtic, Anglo-Saxon and Scandinavian.