Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Check for new replies
Post your ftdna results
my results

Europe 100%

Southern Europe

Italian Peninsula 50%

Greece & Balkans 11%

Sardinia 5%

Western Europe

England, Wales, and Scotland 19%

Central Europe 10%

Baltic

Baltic 5%
lg16, East Anglian, alexfritz And 1 others like this post

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Maternal side yDna branch is   R1b - S8172
Paternal Grandfather mother's line is    I1- Z131 - A9804

Veneto 75.8%, Austria 5%, Saarland 3.4%, Friuli 3.2%, Trentino 2.6%, Donau Schwaben 1%, Marche 0.8%

BC Ancient Sites I am connected to, Wels Austria, Sipar Istria and Gissa Dalmatia
Love the Big Y and Full Mito, but their autosomal DNA tests for ancestry are not the best for English ancestry:
lg16, Capsian20, Moeca And 2 others like this post

The artist formerly known as A Norfolk L-M20
it's a joke that I seem more irish than my dad. he's pale skin and green eyed, he looks like southern french while I seem typical andalusian or south portuguese olive skinned and brown eyed. Well, my mother belongs to IA british U3a1c1 although she has not recent north european ancestry, never detected by calculators and only a few distant North Sea matches from scandinavia

Your origins compared with Miguel Roman Anton V
Miguel Roman Anton V
Miquel Roman
Europe
100%
100%
Southern Europe
85%
87%
Iberian Peninsula
55%
53%
Basque
13%
17%
Italian Peninsula
<0%
17%
Sardinia
17%
<0%
Western Europe
14%
13%
Ireland
2%
8%
Scandinavia
3%
4%
rmstevens2, East Anglian, Capsian20 like this post
[Image: Captura-de-pantalla-2024-04-14-191106.png]
East Anglian, lg16, Capsian20 And 2 others like this post
50.6 Anatolian_&_Balkan_Farmer
38.2 Yamnaya_Pontic-Caspian_Steppe
10.7 Western_Hunter-Gatherer
0.5 North_African_Farmer

East Anglian, Capsian20, rmstevens2 like this post
I recently discovered that we could include the location of our connections on the “Myorigin” map.

In blue, the patrilineal line and in pink the matrilineal line of the correspondence.
To have the data of others, you must have provided the location of your lines.
In my case, there is little French in the FTDNA database, but I found it interesting to be able to locate a segment of my chomosome 6 which has a lot of Swedish and Eastern European matches.
I therefore display the map only of the matrilineal lines of my correspondences (because in my opinion less speculative than the patrilineal lines).
I then put in another color (green), those which matched my particular segment of chromosome 6.
It is a special area of Sweden: Norrbotten and Västerbotten which are found in large quantities.
It is also found in Eastern Europe.
This confirms what I saw on Myheritage.
But it's always good to be able to confirm something from another source...
sirdan and Ambiorix like this post

Photo 
(03-20-2024, 08:04 PM)East Anglian Wrote: Love the Big Y and Full Mito, but their autosomal DNA tests for ancestry are not the best for English ancestry:

I am of old irish, ft dna keeps some peace for me. I had to delete my account as my dad suddenly went berserk over privacy. I downloaded data and took screenshots. My results are two years old.

Ireland 28%
central europe 23%
italian peninsula 22%
Iberian peninsula 14%
Greece and Balkans 12%
small numbers into native etc.

I did the whole kit. y700, mt dna and autosomal.
r1b-l238 (I won't reveal final, but within ph1220)
I have royal grandparents both sides..part native american, direct Y grave at 850CE on iceland.. my plot thickened the fairy tale heads for sure.
 ft dna stepped back and generalized, and even put my Y dna at ease.

Ancestry dot com argued me into several ethnicity flip flops since 2018. 
I assume many english suffer this as well.

I am curious if I can reopen my account again..but I do not even get replies. I think I made them angry somehow.

Check for new replies