Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Myheritage *NOT* updating results
My MyHeritage results are the same as before.

Scandinavian 26.5%

Irish, Scottish, and Welsh 24.5%

Italian 14.0%

Greek and Southern Italian 13.0%

English 9.6%

East European 8.6%

Baltic 3.8%
Capsian20 and lg16 like this post
FTDNA: Central Europe 41%, England, Wales, and Scotland 38%, Scandinavia 3%, East Slavic 13%, West Slavic 2%Greece & Balkans <2%, Finland <1%
(10-12-2023, 02:16 PM)Capsian20 Wrote: Your ethnicity results are currently being generated. Please check back here tomorrow to see the updated results.

This is what I get as well...
Capsian20 likes this post
(10-24-2023, 12:45 AM)Titane Wrote:
(10-12-2023, 02:16 PM)Capsian20 Wrote: Your ethnicity results are currently being generated. Please check back here tomorrow to see the updated results.

Now ?
Target: CapsianWGS_scaled
Distance: 1.2510% / 0.01251049
37.2 Iberomaurusian
36.8 Early_European_Farmer
12.8 Early_Levantine_Farmer
8.0 Steppe_Pastoralist
4.8 SSA
0.4 Iran_Neolithic
FTDNA : 91% North Africa +<2% Bedouin + <2  Southern-Levantinfo + <1 Sephardic Jewish + 3% Malta +  3%  Iberian Peninsula
23andME :  100% North Africa

WGS ( Y-DNA and mtDNA)
Y-DNA: E-A30032< A30480 ~1610 CE
mtDNA: V25b 800CE ? ( age mtDNA not accurate )
(10-24-2023, 10:49 AM)Capsian20 Wrote:
(10-24-2023, 12:45 AM)Titane Wrote:

Now ?

Yesterday. Today it's back to the old ones (that are out to lunch- compared to AncestryDNA gives me 96% French which is in keeping with the paper trail), but I had never noticed the other genetic groups which are similar to what AncestryDNA gives me and are accurate.

English52.9% (when you include the North of France to England...)
Italian25.1% (really?)
North and West European22.0%

GENETIC GROUPS

• French Canadians in Canada (Quebec) and in Northeastern USA

• French settlers in Canada (Quebec) and in USA (New England)

• French settlers in Canada (New Brunswick and Quebec) and in USA (Massachusetts and Maine)

• Acadians in Canada (Eastern Quebec and New Brunswick)

• French settlers in Northeastern USA and in Canada (Quebec and Ontario)

• Louisiana

lg16, Capsian20, JonikW like this post
Can a mod update the thread header to put a NOT in it.

Not convinced this update will ever happen
lg16, Capsian20, AimSmall And 1 others like this post
"Your ethnicity results are currently being generated. Please check back here tomorrow to see the updated results."

this message is back again at some of my kits...
lg16 and Rober_tce like this post
(02-29-2024, 04:12 PM)Pylsteen Wrote: "Your ethnicity results are currently being generated. Please check back here tomorrow to see the updated results."

this message is back again at some of my kits...

I wouldn't bet my house on it, but Rootstech is on, so if they were going to do something they might coincide it with that.
Rufus191 and lg16 like this post
In his chat with Connie Knox, Daniel Horowitz said they will release ethnicity estimate 2.0 in the summer. Whether that happens or not is *shrugs* we will see.
Mulay 'Abdullah, lg16, Square And 1 others like this post
Mixed European and Mauritian Creole (Mozambican, Malagasy, Chinese and Indian).  
From Roberta Estes:

This is going to make a lot of people happy!

MyHeritage is in the process of updating their ethnicity results, increasing their regions from 42 to 80, with significantly optimized granularity in Europe. I initially misunderstood and thought the new results were available now, but they won’t arrive until summer.

I understand from talking to a Jewish friend involved in MyHeritage’s R&D effort that their own results are substantially improved and that they have now been placed in Armenia where their ancestors are from. They are no longer generically “Jewish.”

We've been burnt before but if specifics are leaking out then that is hopefully positive. For me MyH has the worst ethnicity estimate so an improvement is long overdue
Jalisciense, lg16, JFWinstone And 4 others like this post
(03-08-2024, 09:05 PM)Loderingo Wrote: From Roberta Estes:

This is going to make a lot of people happy!

MyHeritage is in the process of updating their ethnicity results, increasing their regions from 42 to 80, with significantly optimized granularity in Europe. I initially misunderstood and thought the new results were available now, but they won’t arrive until summer.

I understand from talking to a Jewish friend involved in MyHeritage’s R&D effort that their own results are substantially improved and that they have now been placed in Armenia where their ancestors are from. They are no longer generically “Jewish.”

We've been burnt before but if specifics are leaking out then that is hopefully positive.  For me MyH has the worst ethnicity estimate so an improvement is long overdue

I just hope they remove mestizos and use full indigenous american samples in the Mesoamerican & Andean section.
Mulay 'Abdullah, lg16, JFWinstone like this post
23andMe: 55.5% European, 33.7% Indigenous American, 4.2% WANA, 3.4% SSA and 3.2% Unassigned
AncestryDNA: 57.27% Europe, 35.81% Indigenous Americas-Mexico, 3.46% MENA and 3.45% SSA
FamilyTreeDNA: 56.9% Europe, 33% Americas, 8.2% MENA, <2% Horn of Africa and <1% Eastern India
Living DNA: 63.3% West Iberia, 34.3% Native Americas and 2.3% Yorubaland
MyHeritage DNA: 60.8% Mesoamerican & Andean, 21% European, 14.9% MENA and 3.3% Nigerian

[1] "penalty= 0.001"
[1] "Ncycles= 1000"
[1] "distance%=2.1116"

Jalisciense

Iberian EMA,50.2
Native American,34.6
Guanche,7.4
Levantine EBA,4.6
African,3.2
One can only hope that finally one of these leading companies will pay more closer attention to Eastern Europe and start to show a regional breakdown, because there are pretty considerable differences between Czechs, Russians, Ukrainians, Hungarians, just to name a few.
Mulay 'Abdullah and lg16 like this post
Ancient (Davidski's G25)
1. Western Steppe Herder 47.2%
2. Early European Farmer 39%
3. Western Hunter-Gatherer 11.6%
4. Han 2.2%

Modern (G25)
1. Austrian 64%
2. Kuban Cossack 23.4%
3. Kabardian 6.6%
4. Crimean Tatar 3.2%
5. Hungarian 2.8%
I'm not expecting miracles, to be honest, the "genetic groups" are quite accurate, but the general estimate... we've seen a growth of regions in FTDNA's last update and that didn't help to improve results for me and my family. 
It's all about the method: why can 23andMe be so accurate (exactly paint the right segments "Jewish" or "SE Asian" besides the Euro in my case) and can FTDNA or MyHeritage not, although they have many more matches to work with? The current estimate looks like what I get using the entire G25 dataset: a little bit overfitted and not tailored.
Rufus191, lg16, JMcB like this post
(03-09-2024, 03:32 PM)Pylsteen Wrote: I'm not expecting miracles, to be honest, the "genetic groups" are quite accurate, but the general estimate... we've seen a growth of regions in FTDNA's last update and that didn't help to improve results for me and my family. 
It's all about the method: why can 23andMe be so accurate (exactly paint the right segments "Jewish" or "SE Asian" besides the Euro in my case) and can FTDNA or MyHeritage not, although they have many more matches to work with? The current estimate looks like what I get using the entire G25 dataset: a little bit overfitted and not tailored.
I think the answer is 23andme have made significant efforts to build (as accurate as they can) ethnic DNA profiles by actually proactively doing population DNA studies and trying to get reference samples, such as the studies they did specifically for Africa and some Asian communities more recently. Whereas I am guessing MyHeritage and FTDNA try and work it out from their own database + family trees, which is often not so accurate, one because family trees can often be wrong, due to NPEs or simply bad research, and they are usually not reference samples either.
Hygelac and lg16 like this post
More here from 48:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKaQagg2efM&t=2972s

Interesting that he admits the current ethnicity version is not great
Square, Rufus191, Jalisciense And 1 others like this post
(03-19-2024, 08:08 PM)Loderingo Wrote: More here from 48:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKaQagg2efM&t=2972s

Interesting that he admits the current ethnicity version is not great

Awesome! So we have to wait until June.

I'm so hyped! But at the same time I try not to raise my hopes lol
Rufus191 and lg16 like this post
23andMe: 55.5% European, 33.7% Indigenous American, 4.2% WANA, 3.4% SSA and 3.2% Unassigned
AncestryDNA: 57.27% Europe, 35.81% Indigenous Americas-Mexico, 3.46% MENA and 3.45% SSA
FamilyTreeDNA: 56.9% Europe, 33% Americas, 8.2% MENA, <2% Horn of Africa and <1% Eastern India
Living DNA: 63.3% West Iberia, 34.3% Native Americas and 2.3% Yorubaland
MyHeritage DNA: 60.8% Mesoamerican & Andean, 21% European, 14.9% MENA and 3.3% Nigerian

[1] "penalty= 0.001"
[1] "Ncycles= 1000"
[1] "distance%=2.1116"

Jalisciense

Iberian EMA,50.2
Native American,34.6
Guanche,7.4
Levantine EBA,4.6
African,3.2