Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Myheritage *NOT* updating results
Just logged into my heritage and saw they are updating mine and my sons results, did anyone else get this message. Hopefully the results are a lot more accurate for me and my son
Capsian20, CelticGerman, Isidro And 2 others like this post
I just checked my account, I have 3 personal kits and 3 uploaded from relatives.

My 23andMe upload and MyHeritage swab kit still show the message, as do my relatives.

My AncestryDNA upload estimate shows up with no changes - the same results as before.

Not sure what the message is about, but it doesn’t appear to be an update so far.
Riverman, lg16, And 1 others like this post
yDNA: Pomerania, 1854
mtDNA: Bagneux, Indre, Centre-Val de Loire, France (grandma born Bagneux 1927, 6x great grandma born Bagneux 1769)
Seems to have been a maintenance issue again. About 1/3 of my kits got their old estimates again and the rest still the message.
JMcB, boiler20100203, lg16 And 1 others like this post
That's disappointing if their results are not updated, my son scores 0 percent Middle Eastern same as ftdna it's a poor algorithm
lg16 likes this post
(10-11-2023, 08:24 PM)Gene188288 Wrote: That's disappointing if their results are not updated, my son scores 0 percent Middle Eastern same as ftdna it's a poor algorithm

In my opinion MH is even worse, FTDNA is a tick better, but still worse than Ancestry and especially 23andMe.
lg16 and like this post
(10-11-2023, 08:46 PM)Riverman Wrote:
(10-11-2023, 08:24 PM)Gene188288 Wrote: That's disappointing if their results are not updated, my son scores 0 percent Middle Eastern same as ftdna it's a poor algorithm

In my opinion MH is even worse, FTDNA is a tick better, but still worse than Ancestry and especially 23andMe.

To be fair my Middle Eastern percentage was correct with ftdna around 20 percent. Just doesn't work well for my son unfortunately
lg16 likes this post
I have received also same message. I assume it’s a maintenance proccess.
lg16 likes this post
23andMe: 98.8% Spanish & Portuguese, 0.3% Ashkenazi Jewish, 0.9% Trace Ancestry (0.4% Coptic Egypcian, 0.3% Nigerian, 0.2% Bengali & Northeast Indian).

My Heritage: 91.5% Iberian, 3.6% Ashkenazi Jewish, 2.7% Middle East, 2.2% Irish Scottish and Welsh.

The truth doesn’t become more authentic because whole world agrees with it.RaMBaM

-M. De la Torre, converse of jew-
-D. de Castilla, converse of moor-
-M. de Navas, converse of moor-
i also saw this message (as last month) again
last month the results slightly changed but no changes this time

new
Nord- und Westeuropäer
55,5%
Italiener
32,4%
Griechisch und Süditalienisch
7,3%
Balkanbewohner
4,8%

old
Nord- und Westeuropäer
51,8%
Italiener
33,2%
Griechisch und Süditalienisch
7,9%
Balkanbewohner
7,1%
and lg16 like this post
No changes
lg16 and like this post
Your ethnicity results are currently being generated. Please check back here tomorrow to see the updated results.
and lg16 like this post
Target: CapsianWGS_scaled
Distance: 1.2510% / 0.01251049
37.2 Iberomaurusian
36.8 Early_European_Farmer
12.8 Early_Levantine_Farmer
8.0 Steppe_Pastoralist
4.8 SSA
0.4 Iran_Neolithic
FTDNA : 91% North Africa +<2% Bedouin + <2  Southern-Levantinfo + <1 Sephardic Jewish + 3% Malta +  3%  Iberian Peninsula
23andME :  100% North Africa

WGS ( Y-DNA and mtDNA)
Y-DNA: E-A30032< A30480 ~1610 CE
mtDNA: V25b 800CE ? ( age mtDNA not accurate )
I've had this message on two different occasions, but my estimate never changes.
lg16 and boiler20100203 like this post

Ethnicity estimates (23andMe, Ancestry, MyHeritage, FTDNA, LivingDNA, 24Genetics, Ethnogene, GenePlaza): Baltic, East European, British/Irish (Scottish), French/German, Basque, Spanish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish/Danish, Chuvash, Tatar, Druze, Anatolian, WANA, Chinese/SE Asian, Central Asian, Sámi, Native American.
I received the same results in all kits.
JMcB and lg16 like this post
23andMe: 98.8% Spanish & Portuguese, 0.3% Ashkenazi Jewish, 0.9% Trace Ancestry (0.4% Coptic Egypcian, 0.3% Nigerian, 0.2% Bengali & Northeast Indian).

My Heritage: 91.5% Iberian, 3.6% Ashkenazi Jewish, 2.7% Middle East, 2.2% Irish Scottish and Welsh.

The truth doesn’t become more authentic because whole world agrees with it.RaMBaM

Just today:

"The ethnicity results for this kit are currently being generated. Please check back here tomorrow to see the updated results."
Rober_tce likes this post
Mine just came in, if I recall correctly very similar to my prior results:

Your ethnicity results
GENETIC GROUPS CONFIDENCE LEVEL
High
Showing 1/3
EUROPE
Iberian 94.5% Eastern Spain and Southwestern France
English  5.5%

And here is a map of my genetic matches.
Are they basing the results on the closest Euro matches?:

lg16, JMcB, Rober_tce like this post
I have seen since last modifications in My Heritage website when you compare your profile with your matches, the ethnicity percentages of your match have dissapeared. For me that was a good tool.
boiler20100203, Isidro, Riverman And 1 others like this post