Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Check for new replies
Distilled Spirits
Santa brought me a bottle of this, well it was via the Post Office and the Lincoln Whiskey Shop.

Very interesting flavours, definitely got the slight saltiness which is a Harris Distillery signature note in their gin. Slight but defined smokiness and not as heavy as some Highland Park for instance. Even got the banana and vanilla notes too. It's one of those whiskies that get more interesting the further you get down the glass - well that's my excuse!

Photo courtesy of Harris Distillery.
Webb, JonikW, JMcB And 1 others like this post

Attached Files
.jpg   WebBatch8_570x.jpg (Size: 106.46 KB / Downloads: 49)
Got the ingredients for rum punch today: white rum, brown rum, grenadine, lime juice, pineapple juice, and orange juice.

I won't make any today, but I plan to make some tomorrow.

Rum punch might be old hat to most of you, but it's a relatively new discovery for me. I first tried it on a cruise to Mexico that my wife, my youngest daughter, and I went on this last spring via Royal Caribbean. 

I fell in love with rum punch. It became my standard drink while on that cruise.

Now I want to try and make it for myself at home.

The photo below does not include the pineapple juice and orange juice. They're in my fridge.

[Image: Rum-punch-ingredients-05-Jan2024.jpg]
JMcB and JonikW like this post
Let us now praise famous men, and our fathers that begat us.

- Wisdom of Sirach 44:1
(01-05-2024, 11:52 PM)rmstevens2 Wrote: Got the ingredients for rum punch today: white rum, brown rum, grenadine, lime juice, pineapple juice, and orange juice.

I won't make any today, but I plan to make some tomorrow.

Rum punch might be old hat to most of you, but it's a relatively new discovery for me. I first tried it on a cruise to Mexico that my wife, my youngest daughter, and I went on this last spring via Royal Caribbean. 

I fell in love with rum punch. It became my standard drink while on that cruise.

Now I want to try and make it for myself at home.

The photo below does not include the pineapple juice and orange juice. They're in my fridge.

[Image: Rum-punch-ingredients-05-Jan2024.jpg]

Putting it off one more day until tomorrow. My youngest daughter will be home and can help me out. I'm lazy and like to have help doing things like this.

Today the wife and I finished de-Christmastizing the house, inside and outside, a bittersweet process. We packed away the last of the decorations. I have one more job left to do tomorrow. We have a musical clock - a nice one - high up on the wall above the tv. Right now it's set on Christmas music. I need to switch it back to classical music.
JonikW and JMcB like this post

Finally made the rum punch this evening. We all had some: my wife, my youngest daughter, and me. The rest of my kids are all far away. The closest of them are in Virginia.

The punch turned out great. Guess I should have taken photos, but I didn't.

As I was drinking one, I remarked that it was just like being on a cruise. My daughter replied with one word: "Cold". I replied, "Pretend we're on a cruise to Alaska."

It's seriously cold here tonight, and everything is covered in ice and sleet (which is, of course, just a form of ice that looks like snow when it is all over everything). I think it made the rum punch taste better, since it is definitely a warmer.
JonikW and JMcB like this post

Check for new replies