Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
Does this new feature assign Y-DNA to users that uploaded their autosomal results from Ancestry and 23andMe, because I haven't been assigned any Y-DNA yet?
JMcB likes this post
Ancient (Davidski's G25)
1. Western Steppe Herder 47.2%
2. Early European Farmer 39%
3. Western Hunter-Gatherer 11.6%
4. Han 2.2%

Modern (G25)
1. Austrian 64%
2. Kuban Cossack 23.4%
3. Kabardian 6.6%
4. Crimean Tatar 3.2%
5. Hungarian 2.8%
(12-06-2023, 08:42 AM)Hygelac Wrote: Haplogroups for family finder matches have finally started to appear. Good intermediate haplogroups so far too.

(12-07-2023, 12:50 PM)Mythbuster General Wrote: Does this new feature assign Y-DNA to users that uploaded their autosomal results from Ancestry and 23andMe, because I haven't been assigned any Y-DNA yet?

Yes, but the assignment comes later (their kits are the last), the positioning might be worse and its not being shown to other matches or in the haplotree. You just see it for yourself and have to ask matches to tell you their results, which again is a huge minus.
JMcB, rmstevens2, Mythbuster General like this post
(12-07-2023, 12:56 PM)Riverman Wrote:
(12-06-2023, 08:42 AM)Hygelac Wrote: Haplogroups for family finder matches have finally started to appear. Good intermediate haplogroups so far too.

(12-07-2023, 12:50 PM)Mythbuster General Wrote: Does this new feature assign Y-DNA to users that uploaded their autosomal results from Ancestry and 23andMe, because I haven't been assigned any Y-DNA yet?

Yes, but the assignment comes later (their kits are the last), the positioning might be worse and its not being shown to other matches or in the haplotree. You just see it for yourself and have to ask matches to tell you their results, which again is a huge minus.

Oh man, on one hand it's really cool that they will give it to users, even if probably they won't go very deep and just give a more generalized haplogroup that doesn't help super much, but on the other hand is still not very helpful if you can't see it written next to other users' profile. Most profiles on this site are uploads from other sites like Ancestry, MyHeritage and 23andMe.
JMcB, Riverman, rmstevens2 like this post
Ancient (Davidski's G25)
1. Western Steppe Herder 47.2%
2. Early European Farmer 39%
3. Western Hunter-Gatherer 11.6%
4. Han 2.2%

Modern (G25)
1. Austrian 64%
2. Kuban Cossack 23.4%
3. Kabardian 6.6%
4. Crimean Tatar 3.2%
5. Hungarian 2.8%
If you sort the FF matches by Y-haplogroup, you'll easily find the "NA"'s that have a haplogroup in the detailed view. Some are pretty far downstream, but I do also see some general ones. The majority of the "NA's" doesn't have a haplogroup assigned yet though.
JMcB, FionnSneachta, rmstevens2 And 1 others like this post
Success.
Another way to get income from this new feature.

Go to advanced matches, tick all STR from 12 to 111
Show only people I match in all selected tests to NO
Results Per Page choose 500

And now see all maruders with low STR level their more precised haplogroup
This is a goo way to exclude str outliers. And confirm closer relationship that low level STR can achieve.

EDIT
People with FF haplogroup appears in block tree...

Whats more, administrator can better define STR assignment basing on FF haplogroup.
rmstevens2, jdbreazeale, JMcB And 3 others like this post
On my line I would be happy with any haplogoups with a FTDNA TMRCA more recent than 2000 BC.
Dewsloth, JMcB, rmstevens2 like this post
U152>L2>Z49>Z142>Z150>FGC12381>FGC12378>FGC47869>FGC12401>FGC47875>FGC12384
50% English, 15% Welsh, 15% Scot/Ulster Scot, 5% Irish, 10% German, 2% Scandi, 2% French & Dutch), 1% India
Ancient ~40% Anglo-Saxon, ~40% Briton/Insular Celt, ~15% German, 4% Other Euro
600 AD: 55% Anglo-Saxon (CNE), 45% Pre-Anglo-Saxon Briton (WBI)
“Be more concerned with seeking the truth than winning an argument” 

(12-07-2023, 01:10 PM)Mythbuster General Wrote:

Oh man, on one hand it's really cool that they will give it to users, even if probably they won't go very deep and just give a more generalized haplogroup that doesn't help super much, but on the other hand is still not very helpful if you can't see it written next to other users' profile. Most profiles on this site are uploads from other sites like Ancestry, MyHeritage and 23andMe.

"Your haplogroup will also display on your profile card and in the Family Finder match list if you have tested with FamilyTreeDNA directly or if your autosomal transfer is from MyHeritage or Vitagene."

"Important note: Because Ancestry and 23andMe transfers are not lab-to-lab transfers, haplogroups from these tests will only be displayed to the tester, will not be shared with matches or Group Projects, and will not be included in the Haplotree or Discover™ statistics."

https://blog.familytreedna.com/y-dna-hap...ly-finder/
jdbreazeale, Riverman, rmstevens2 And 1 others like this post
23andMe: 55.5% European, 33.7% Indigenous American, 4.2% WANA, 3.4% SSA and 3.2% Unassigned
AncestryDNA: 57.27% Europe, 35.81% Indigenous Americas-Mexico, 3.46% MENA and 3.45% SSA
FamilyTreeDNA: 56.9% Europe, 33% Americas, 8.2% MENA, <2% Horn of Africa and <1% Eastern India
Living DNA: 63.3% West Iberia, 34.3% Native Americas and 2.3% Yorubaland
MyHeritage DNA: 87.4% Indigenous in Mexico and 12.6% Spanish, Catalan & Basque 

[Image: IbEDd4z.png]
Nothing exciting for me yet, not that I can find anyway. 

Maybe tomorrow.
JMcB likes this post
Let us now praise famous men, and our fathers that begat us.

- Wisdom of Sirach 44:1
(12-08-2023, 02:39 AM)rmstevens2 Wrote: Nothing exciting for me yet, not that I can find anyway. 

Maybe tomorrow.

Same...yet to see any autosomal haplogroup calls.
JMcB and rmstevens2 like this post
Now I got some assignments among matches and the usual range is about 2000 BC to 800 AD, with a peak between 1.500-1.000 BC for most. So they reach, on average, the newest/best 23andMe level assignments which is fine. I hope that's the trend for all, since so far its only miniscule fraction of my matches which got it.
jdbreazeale, JMcB, rmstevens2 like this post
So will these new additions change the Haplotree numbers for a given branch?

If yes then there has been no additions on my line 4 branches below U152>L2)
JMcB and rmstevens2 like this post
U152>L2>Z49>Z142>Z150>FGC12381>FGC12378>FGC47869>FGC12401>FGC47875>FGC12384
50% English, 15% Welsh, 15% Scot/Ulster Scot, 5% Irish, 10% German, 2% Scandi, 2% French & Dutch), 1% India
Ancient ~40% Anglo-Saxon, ~40% Briton/Insular Celt, ~15% German, 4% Other Euro
600 AD: 55% Anglo-Saxon (CNE), 45% Pre-Anglo-Saxon Briton (WBI)
“Be more concerned with seeking the truth than winning an argument” 
Only one of my kits updated so far but it's a very interesting one. Son of a friend who is paternally Bangladeshi/Sylheti got assigned R1b haplogroup, that is rather rare in Bangladesh, below 1% I believe. Huge surprise.

[Image: CX6O4RX.png]
JMcB, Riverman, Nick1234 And 3 others like this post
Nothing exciting for me yet. I have more FF matches now who have R-DF13, and some who are R-L2. None of the folks I am really interested in has a Y-DNA haplogroup assignment yet.
JMcB likes this post

(12-08-2023, 10:59 PM)Leeloo Wrote: Only one of my kits updated so far but it's a very interesting one. Son of a friend who is paternally Bangladeshi/Sylheti got assigned R1b haplogroup, that is rather rare in Bangladesh, below 1% I believe. Huge surprise.

[Image: CX6O4RX.png]

An R-M343 assignment is very interesting. That is someone who really should do the Big Y-700.
Riverman, Leeloo, JMcB like this post

It appears more rare haplogroups near R-U106 in age do not show up. Thats unfortunate.
Manofthehour, JMcB, rmstevens2 like this post