Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Check for new replies
Razib Khan Aug 2023 blog post- People In Brazil Are Quite “Mixed-Race”
(02-17-2024, 05:55 PM)alchemist223 Wrote: I do wonder why the European colonization process that occurred in Latin American was so different from that which occurred in the United States and Canada, regarding admixture. In particular, in the US it seems quite rare for Non-Hispanic White Americans to have substantial non-European (African or Indigenous) ancestry.

I've noticed that far more white Americans tend to score minor amounts of SSA in particular than white Europeans. Often, mixed-race descendants of slaves "passed" into white society, or if they couldn't pass themselves off as white they claimed to be Native Americans which leads to a lot of white Americans believing they have "Cherokee" ancestry and being shocked when their test shows SSA as opposed to Amerindian.

Amerindian admix in white Americans is far lower per capita than the family stories would have you believe.
okarinaofsteiner, alchemist223, JapaJinga And 1 others like this post
Avatar: The obverse of a coin of Kanishka I depicting the Buddha, with the Greco-Bactrian legend ΒΟΔΔΟ.

Follow my attempt at reviving Pictish.
Romanes-lekhipen- the Romani alphabet.

Check for new replies

Messages In This Thread
RE: Razib Khan Aug 2023 blog post- People In Brazil Are Quite “Mixed-Race” - by szin - 04-28-2024, 10:04 PM