Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Check for new replies
An attempt at deep West Eurasian phylogeny
(04-29-2024, 02:31 PM)Kale Wrote: The only problem at the moment is that, since everybody (except ZlatyKun) has this Zagrosian-super Basal in equal quantities, there is nothing to constrain when it branched off, or what % it contributed. For that I'll have to wait until Ranis comes out. Consequently I put super-basal coming off at the same point as ANA, but don't take that to mean anything.

I have to correct myself, there is one major constraint I overlooked, which is that the members of the X3/X4 nodes (Zagros after the mix), would be more a good bit more related to ZlatyKun than to each other. Reviewing the residuals I noticed the admix % was actually quite tight, so the drift edges should have some validity. But a 67 unit drift edge for Wave2 (ZlatyKun), versus an 8 unit drift edge (maximium) for wave1, is quite the imbalance, not to mention the scale of a 67 unit edge, which is bordering on implausibly strong.

So here's a bit of a correction. The ZlatyKun drift edge is tamed to 38 units, which is still rather high, but at least within the realm of plausibility (the ANE proper bottleneck is 49 units). Again, Ranis will be crucial to determine whether this is actually valid. Noticeably ANA actually sits on the Wave1 (X2) branch, which would imply the OOA bottleneck to be rather soft and maybe that ANA formed in the Levant and backmigrated to Africa. I might try and stick Mota in there when I get some time to make sure it's not too soft.

EDIT: Added Mota to the graph, X0/'OOA' has 11 units of drift post-Mota.

.zip   42824dDOT2.zip (Size: 71.37 KB / Downloads: 11)
heraultr and Megalophias like this post

Check for new replies

Messages In This Thread
RE: An attempt at deep West Eurasian phylogeny - by Kale - 04-30-2024, 07:21 PM