Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

An attempt at deep West Eurasian phylogeny
(12-06-2023, 01:33 AM)crashdoc Wrote:
(12-05-2023, 05:12 PM)Kale Wrote: Ok so here's what I've got for CWE atm. A few things not quite optimal...
1) The drift edge for China_UP is too strong. There's nothing really to constrain it, it varies a lot between runs. More of an inconvenience than a problem I think.
2) The 5-way split of CWE. BK1653 + Muierii's can be combined, that's no big deal, that brings it down to 4-way. Maybe it is realistic though? 1) WHG - stays put in South Balkans, 2) BK1653 + Muierii - Northward radiation, 3) Taforalt - Southward radiation: Levantine Aurignacian, 4) Georgia_UP/Pinarbasi - Eastward radiation, South Caucasus/Northern-Zagros
3) The multi-way split of AHG. That may be addressable by sourcing AHG from Levantine Aurignacian and having it acquire it's Basal from something like Iran_N before the ANE mixture.
4) The 3-way split of X1b (Basal + ENA mix), there's probably some way to fix that trifurcation, but I don't think that's terribly important.
5) The 0 edge to BachoKiro, it's actually a 0.4 edge, weak but ever present, it just rounds down to 0 to display in the graph.

Could you share the residuals?

Thanks!
Worst residual - Mbuti Jomon Italy_WHG: Z = 1.85... underestimation of Jomon-WHG relationship.
Show Content
Desdonas and crashdoc like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: An attempt at deep West Eurasian phylogeny - by Kale - 12-06-2023, 03:17 AM