Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

The Genetic Origin of the Indo-Europeans
(05-13-2024, 08:17 PM)targaryen Wrote:
(05-13-2024, 07:27 PM)Kale Wrote:
(05-13-2024, 07:03 PM)targaryen Wrote: Mate, like was mentioned before, we have IBD sharing between CLVs and Mesopotomian like samples. This means within generations CLVs mixed with Mesopotomians.

Again... which samples are you talking about?

I would suggest maybe perusing the entire paper because all the info is in there. 

"The 835 individual from Vonyucka-1 in the North Caucasus, in fact, has an IBD link (15.2cM) with an 836 early Bronze Age Anatolian from Ovaören."

I’m reminded of the advice of a local medieval archer to his son on drawing a bow, he taught him not to just pull his bow but to lean into it.

You can’t just read these papers you have  to really yank at at them. There is so much information, some of which is contradictory, and even the authors themselves don’t necessarily give absolute answers with certainty.

This is not to say the conclusions you have draw are wrong but this paper (like most) suggests alternative scenarios.

For reasons beyond my control the reply to feature in this post has gone all to cock, anyhow this is in reply to Kale not targaryen and there is nothing I can do to fix it ????

BTW, and still replying to Kale, N. Caucasus and S. Caucasus are very different places.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Genetic Origin of the Indo-Europeans - by jdean - 05-13-2024, 10:04 PM