Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
(05-08-2024, 11:53 AM)Riverman Wrote:
(05-08-2024, 11:49 AM)ArmandoR1b Wrote:
(05-08-2024, 10:54 AM)Riverman Wrote: Among my matches the level of the update is extremely different from very basal (EBA) to very downstream (Medieval). So far it depends on the available SNP's, like if someone being assigned to the upper level above my main branch, I know it's usually because he falls into the parallel LBA branch to mine, which has no SNP's on its own which being tested in FF chips.

Did you check the SNP? Whether they are in the list?

Isn't the list just for GSA kits?

Yes, you're right, but I wonder how different the yDNA SNP reads are, since these are largely old selected ones, if I'm not mistaken. I doubt the other chips have more, but only less?
Yes, it's my expectation that the older ones will have less SNPs than the GSA FF kits based on what is found in 23andme v4 and AncestryDNA that weren't GSA. Some of theĀ  haplogroups of those kits are really low resolution. FTDNA should provide the raw data and a list of negative SNPs. 23andme and Ancestry at least provide the raw data.
Riverman likes this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by ArmandoR1b - 05-08-2024, 12:53 PM