Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

An attempt at deep West Eurasian phylogeny
Bit of an update, a few minor tweaks to improve the graph I posted on page 17, post 251 "121123f". Worst F3 residual was 1.8
Again since these graphs are huge I'll give a pop-by-pop overview.

General deep structure: ANA splits first (X0 node), Basal splits second (X2), crown Eurasians are X3. 'X' is an archaic node for BachoKiro
- ZlatyKun: Basal + generic crown
- Ust-Ishim: falls gently on the Western side of Crown Eurasians
- BachoKiro: falls gently on the Eastern side of Crown Eurasians (plus some archaic)
- East Eurasians split into 'North' (Tianyuan) and 'South' (Onge)
- Goyet: The archetypal West Eurasian
- 'EEE' (Early East European): 84/16 mix of Goyet/Basal. Splits into a Kostenki/Sunghir branch and a proto-CWE branch.
- ANE: 76/24 mix of proto-Kostenki/Sunghir and Southern ENA. Yana gets 7% Northern ENA also.
- East-Asians (Jomon, Primorsky_N): 73/27 mix of Soutern-ENA and what effectively stands in for Salkhit (even mix of Northern-ENA and Yana)
- Native Americans: 73/27 mix of Primorsky_N/ANE
- BK1653: 61/39 mix of proto-CWE and Goyet
- Muierii: 84/16 mix of BK1653/Sunghir
- Gravettians (Vestonice, KremsWachtberg, Ostuni, Paglicci): 53/47 mix of BK1653/Sunghir
- WHG (Italian Epigravettians): 70/24/6 mix of CWE/Gravettian/ANE 
- Georgia_UP: 73/27 mix of CWE and the basal that contributed to EEE.
- 'Zarzian': 71/29 mix Basal/Southern-ENA
- Pinarbasi: 70/30 mix CWE/Zarzian
- IBM (Taforalt): 65/35 mix of ANA and Pinarbasi-related CWE
- NE2 (I don't know what to call this one): 71/29 mix CWE/ANE
- Iran_N: 69/31 mix Zarzian/NE2
- CHG: 52/48 mix Zarzian/NE2
- EHG: WHG/ANE mix obviously, but with 25% Pinarbasi and 7% Primorsky_N

.zip   41124b.zip (Size: 68.95 KB / Downloads: 17)

Keep in mind there are 2 equal ways of accounting for basal. Either the way depicted here (ZlatyKun = Basal + generic Crown) or the way depicted previously where ZlatyKun is pure basal, and Near-East basal is a fusion of that and 'super-basal'

Personally I didn't like the idea of CWE for a long time, but maybe that's just because scholars were touting WHG as somehow being preserved relics of 100% pure CWE.
I really do like this sort of 'soft-CWE' model here, where CWE is just a regular paleo-Euro descended group like Kostenki, and where WHG is allowed to be mostly CWE, but also have a decent amount of Gravettian ancestry and low-level ANE.
JapaJinga, strawberry, Merriku And 6 others like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: An attempt at deep West Eurasian phylogeny - by Kale - 04-11-2024, 11:16 PM