Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Check for new replies
ancIBD
(05-18-2024, 04:46 PM)Queequeg Wrote: Angles: if I'm right, you have anyways confirmed the connection between DA238, the most eastern shifted sample of the Levänluhta group and NEO61 of the BOO site. Apparently/possibly one of the ancestors of DA238 descended from a group having links with the BOO people, even if the Levänluhta people otherwise were of different origin?

Yes, there is this 15 cM segment shared by DA238 and NEO61. And 4 around 8 cM with DA234.
JMcB and Queequeg like this post
MyHeritage:
North and West European 55.8%
English 28.5%
Baltic 11.5%
Finnish 4.2%
GENETIC GROUPS Scotland (Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire)

Papertrail (4 generations): Normandy, Orkney, Bergum, Emden, Oulu
(05-18-2024, 09:01 PM)Anglesqueville Wrote:
(05-18-2024, 04:46 PM)Queequeg Wrote: Angles: if I'm right, you have anyways confirmed the connection between DA238, the most eastern shifted sample of the Levänluhta group and NEO61 of the BOO site. Apparently/possibly one of the ancestors of DA238 descended from a group having links with the BOO people, even if the Levänluhta people otherwise were of different origin?

Yes, there is this 15 cM segment shared by DA238 and NEO61. And 4 around 8 cM with DA234.

However no connection above 8 cm between DA234 and NEO60, which is also the case between DA238 and NEO62. So, it seems that just some members of the Levänluhta group had mixed with their northern neigbours descending from the BOO people. Just by looking at G25 we know that Levänluhta people already have quite a lot of Estonia_BA (- and the BOL samples of the Suzdal area have even more). BOO samples have very little Estonia_BA, but they have lots of something EHG-ish but also WSHG, the latter possibly/probably being gathered in the Arctic latitudes.

In terms of shared IBD above 8 cm NEO538 kind of stands here on his own. He's N-Z1936 >>> N-Z1928 TMRCA 3400 years, just like many, mostly East Finnish men. Other members of his sub lineage N-SK1485 however seem to live in places such as Kirov, Kostroma and Tambov, besides Vologda, where the NEO538 sample was found, i.e in the Upper Volga area. I wonder if the IBD connection to even modern East Finns would be more pronounced?
JMcB and Anglesqueville like this post

Check for new replies