Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Check for new replies
Genetic Origins of Piast Family
https://www.ncn.gov.pl/en/finansowanie-n...iglerowicz

Question: What is the story with this study about the genetic origins of the Piast Family from Poland?  Every year, it seems there is an announcement that the paper is about to be published, but nothing ever comes to fruition.  This has been going on for many, many years now. 

Will the paper ever be published?  Did they find something that might be deemed controversial and are they delaying publication as a result?

Will the results of the Piast study ever be published?
Kaltmeister, leonardo, Orentil like this post
They probably found out that the Piasts were Germans or Vikings - and destroyed all the evidence... Wink
sirdan likes this post
(03-24-2024, 03:56 PM)Kaltmeister Wrote: They probably found out that the Piasts were Germans or Vikings - and destroyed all the evidence... Wink

I would hope that this is not the case, but the longer the delay in publication after promising so many times that final publication is right around the corner certainly makes people suspicious as to what is going on behind the scenes.

Many Polish people trace their ancestry back to people from Germany and even Scandinavia. Part of my Polish family emigrated to the United States in the 1850s from Kashubia and spoke German, in addition to Polish.  Also, my paternal side of the family comes from near a town called Tymbark in the Beskid Mountains of Limanowa Province in southern Poland.  There are many Poles there today who have German last names who descend from German immigrants who arrived there many centuries ago.  In fact, Tymbark comes from “Tymberg”, a German derived word.

So, to me, it would be no big deal if the Piasts should descend from someone who came from Germany or Scandinavia.  Many Poles have German ancestors.
Kaltmeister and Antoni123 like this post

Check for new replies