Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Check for new replies
Evidence for dynastic succession among early Celtic elites
(04-29-2024, 09:08 AM)poilus Wrote: I do not know if the PCA includes all the IA Alsatian samples available, but 40 AI1 genomes from Duttlmenheim should be published, the sonner the better. ]

o

Great news.

At the same time, I'd be tempted to say : Alsace again ! 

It's a bit of a pity that, though more and more ancient samples are published, the central areas of France, from Toulouse to Orléans, from La Rochelle to Lyon, remain a "genetic void". I wish they'd analyze a few Ruteni, Arverni, Bituriges or Carnutes...
Dewsloth, La Tene, poilus And 3 others like this post

Immi uiros rios toutias rias
Show Content
(03-11-2024, 09:41 AM)Riverman Wrote: Also the yDNA haplogroups assignment would be great, since its one of the largest Hallstatt samples and might be more representative for Western Hallstatt than earlier ones.

I just analysed the one which is I-L38 according to theytree (https://www.theytree.com/portal/index/sa...eyword=mbg) and it is indeed I-L38

https://www.yfull.com/tree/I-L38/
seven SNPs of block I-L38 derived and one SNP of block I-L38 ancestral.
Orentil and Johannes like this post
(04-28-2024, 12:08 AM)Andour Wrote: The Lech Valley Early Bronze Age samples are entirely contained within the area occupied by the new SW German Hallstatt Celtic samples. Which means these Hallstatt people were similar to their Bronze Age predecessors 

Do the Lech valley EBA samples overlap with any BA samples from France?

Quote:The Hauts-de-France sample in green is the Bucy-le-long sample (BFM265). He lies at the fringe of the German samples. We should bear in mind that the Hallstattian zone of influence  in France never really concerned the Hauts-de-France, which seems to have had its own specific history.

Right. But the bulk of the Hauts de France blob on your PCA overlaps with the Hallstatt german samples, so couldn't that guy be more a "British/Armorican local like" outlier? Apparently RSFO migrants/ceramics from the south did reach to parts of Hauts de France, especially the south eastern half.

Check for new replies