Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Check for new replies
Y Haplogroup L Thread
Okay, let us get this going again.

I am L (M20)>M22>M317>SK1412>>SK1414>FGC51074>FGC51041>FGC51088>FGC512036

SK1414 in old style takes me to Y hg L1b2c

If I go back to FGC51041 that Yfull dates to 9,000 ybp formed / 7,200 ybp TMRCA then I am grouped with:

Men from one more South English family (a different surname but 56 km from my recorded line in 1700s) plus:
England (as above)
Poland (1)
Mexico (1 Spanish surname)
India (Gujurat)
Iran (1 East Iran)
Saudi Arabia
Lebanon

If I go back to SK1414 that Yfull dates to 11,500 ybp formed /9,000 ybp TMRCA

I can add lots more for example from:

India (Parsi, and Goa)
Pakistan (Makrani Baloch)
Iran
Iraq
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Syria
Lebanon (Druze)
Saudi Arabia
UAE
Kuwait
Qatar
Turkey
Turk Kurd
Turkic Cypriot
Russia
Austria
Italy
France
Germany
Spain
Azores
Sudan

I've seen some links onto some branches to Parsi. But also Mountain Jew, Druze, Balochi.

I need to update it, but here is a map of L-SK1414 and its branches that I made nearly five years ago:

[Image: xlarge_LSK1414.jpg]

Although as I said, there have been a lot more submissions since. I need to get back to a decent workstation.

The whole picture is still unclear to me. I still think L-SK1414 most probably originates around the northern end of the Gulf around what is now South Iraq/Iran. But there are definite clusters around Anatolia - the northern Fertile Crescent.

Then there is the story of ALL of the different lines that seem to pop up across Europe individually. Some appear linked to Portuguese Sea Routes, others to Ottomon Empire, others like my own, unknown but possibly early medieval Asian ventures into Europe such as traders, diplomats, ship crew, refugees, etc.

To me, these things are never simple. I cant state 'Hun invasion' or 'Neolithic Anatolian'. Each line I think, has its own story and this can be seen by European men popping up on various different branches, each which can be very old, and is shared by Asian men.

This should blow out of the water the early hypothesis that it is simply a South Indian haplogroup. It is not that simple.

I hope that some of you find this thread of interest.
Hygelac, lg16, Artmar And 2 others like this post

Check for new replies