Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Technical reminder: Clean your cache!
Hello everyone!

I'm here just to remind you to clear your browser's cache so you can see the new visuals of our forum!

Like most browsers, you can do that in the same place where you clean your browser's history. If you are using a mobile device to connect, you will need to clear the application's cache instead. Doing it regularly will prevent you from seeing some visual issues.

If you don't want to keep cleaning your cache every now and then, leave a comment down below, and I will make you a tutorial on how to disable cache in your browser.

Have a nice week!
JonikW, JapaJinga, Rufus191 And 5 others like this post
Thumbs Up 
(02-06-2024, 01:46 PM)admin Wrote: Hello everyone!

I'm here just to remind you to clear your browser's cache so you can see the new visuals of our forum!

Like most browsers, you can do that in the same place where you clean your browser's history. If you are using a mobile device to connect, you will need to clear the application's cache instead. Doing it regularly will prevent you from seeing some visual issues.

If you don't want to keep cleaning your cache every now and then, leave a comment down below, and I will make you a tutorial on how to disable cache in your browser.

Have a nice week!

Done, looking good Big Grin!
JMcB likes this post
(02-06-2024, 01:46 PM)admin Wrote: ... to clear your browser's cache so you can see the new visuals of our forum!

Just to be sure: I still see the old logo in the header, so this was not yet changed? I tried multiple browsers, so caching should not be involved.
JonikW, leonardo, JMcB like this post
(02-08-2024, 11:17 AM)ChrisR Wrote:
(02-06-2024, 01:46 PM)admin Wrote: ... to clear your browser's cache so you can see the new visuals of our forum!

Just to be sure: I still see the old logo in the header, so this was not yet changed? I tried multiple browsers, so caching should not be involved.

Have you tried tapping CTRL + F5?
JMcB likes this post
I did CTRL + F5 but my Chromebook did a screenshot instead of clearing cache.
JMcB likes this post
FTDNA: Central Europe 41%, England, Wales, and Scotland 38%, Scandinavia 3%, East Slavic 13%, West Slavic 2%Greece & Balkans <2%, Finland <1%
The only new visual I see is the fav icon. Even fired up a fresh browser on a VM to verify.
leonardo, JMcB, ChrisR like this post
(02-08-2024, 01:14 PM)admin Wrote:

Coincidentally, I cleared my cache right before I read the post where you mentioned it and I’m still seeing the old logo, too. I’m on an iPad, so there is no CTRL + F5 option. On the bright side, I also like the old logo, so it’s not a big deal.
JonikW and leonardo like this post
Paper Trail: 42% English, 31.5% Scottish, 12.5% Irish, 6.25% German, 6.25% Sicilian & 1.5% French.
LDNA©: Britain & Ireland: 89.3% (51.5% English, 37.8% Scottish & Irish), N.W. Germanic: 7.8%, Europe South: 2.9% (Southern Italy & Sicily)
BigY 700: I1-Z141 >F2642 >Y3649 >Y7198 (c.365 AD) >Y168300 (c.410 AD) >A13248 (c.880 AD) >A13252 (c.1055 AD) >FT81015 (c.1285 AD) >A13243 (c.1620 AD) >FT80854 (c.1700 AD) >FT80630 (1893 AD).
(02-08-2024, 03:46 PM)AimSmall Wrote: The only new visual I see is the fav icon.  Even fired up a fresh browser on a VM to verify.

Yes, it is the same for me. Favicon in the Browser tab is the new logo, but emptying Cache or using another Browser/Sys did not change the main logo.
JMcB, JonikW, leonardo like this post
(02-08-2024, 04:31 PM)ChrisR Wrote:
(02-08-2024, 03:46 PM)AimSmall Wrote: The only new visual I see is the fav icon.  Even fired up a fresh browser on a VM to verify.

Yes, it is the same for me. Favicon in the Browser tab is the new logo, but emptying Cache or using another Browser/Sys did not change the main logo.

What happens with a private window?
JonikW likes this post
I can see (since yesterday) both the favicon and the new logo on the header with a hard refresh (Ctrl + Shift + R) on my Firefox browser.
JonikW likes this post
Even loading strictly the banner graphic and only see the old. I don't think it's being sourced by a CDN.

https://genarchivist.com/images/logo.png
JonikW likes this post
Using Opera

Asked it to clear the cache, including images, nothing
Used Crap Cleaner, nothing
Eventually went to the advanced settings for Opera and told it to ditch everything bar passwords and voilà : )
JonikW likes this post
Quote:Rufus191

The same. I went also online over a different (mobile) provider on the smartphone and there also the old logo. Seems there is some pre-homenetwork caching for my country?
JonikW likes this post
(02-08-2024, 02:59 PM)Valkyrie Wrote: I did CTRL + F5 but my Chromebook did a screenshot instead of clearing cache.

(02-08-2024, 03:57 PM)JMcB Wrote:
(02-08-2024, 01:14 PM)admin Wrote:

Coincidentally, I cleared my cache right before I read the post where you mentioned it and I’m still seeing the old logo, too. I’m on an iPad, so there is no CTRL + F5 option. On the bright side, I also like the old logo, so it’s not a big deal.

(02-08-2024, 04:31 PM)ChrisR Wrote:

(02-08-2024, 07:47 PM)ChrisR Wrote:
Quote:Rufus191

The same. I went also online over a different (mobile) provider on the smartphone and there also the old logo. Seems there is some pre-homenetwork caching for my country?

Just finished re-building Forum's internal cache, let's see if the problem is fixed.
Rufus191 and JonikW like this post
No change
JonikW likes this post