Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Genarchivist Logo contest: Vote for the best logo!
As stated in the first thread, all submissions were closed yesterday (January 10th) and now I am calling for your help, again, to choose our new logo and identity. 

I know I said votes would be taken in the first thread but I decided to make a new one and post all the logos, just for organization purposes.

Ps: Remember, we are using the "likes" system for now.
rmstevens2, JonikW, Jalisciense And 2 others like this post
Ambiorix:
[Image: 5AiOM1P.png]
Capsian20, Jalisciense, JonikW like this post
ChrisR:
[Image: Bwlqbo1.png]
Capsian20, Orentil, Isidro And 8 others like this post
ph2ter:
[Image: tyJ8Yxb.png]
Capsian20 likes this post
Kellebel:
[Image: VebGDfr.jpg]
Orentil, AimSmall, Capsian20 And 1 others like this post
Mitchell:
[Image: Jeduycw.png]
geebee-1015 and Capsian20 like this post
rmstevens:
[Image: bOzwcUW.png]
VladMC, AimSmall, Isidro And 4 others like this post
(01-12-2024, 12:14 AM)admin Wrote: rmstevens:
[Image: bOzwcUW.png]

I guess it's okay if I remind everyone that my youngest daughter - an overworked university student - is the source of that drawing.

It didn't come from me, although I'd be thrilled if you vote for it.
keplerhubble, NixYO, Kellebel And 3 others like this post
Let us now praise famous men, and our fathers that begat us.

- Wisdom of Sirach 44:1
She did a great job
Capsian20, rmstevens2, Kellebel And 1 others like this post
In fact all this logos it's good
keplerhubble, rmstevens2, Calamus And 3 others like this post
Target: CapsianWGS_scaled
Distance: 1.2510% / 0.01251049
37.2 Iberomaurusian
36.8 Early_European_Farmer
12.8 Early_Levantine_Farmer
8.0 Steppe_Pastoralist
4.8 SSA
0.4 Iran_Neolithic
FTDNA : 91% North Africa +<2% Bedouin + <2  Southern-Levantinfo + <1 Sephardic Jewish + 3% Malta +  3%  Iberian Peninsula
23andME :  100% North Africa

WGS ( Y-DNA and mtDNA)
Y-DNA: E-A30032< A30480 ~1610 CE
mtDNA: V25b 800CE ? ( age mtDNA not accurate )
Since I'm a contestant I'm not voting. For the simplicity I like the version of Kellebel, in the old thread there was an earlier version with the same concept but IMHO too much in a Google Font Style.
I would refine this Kellebel version a little in case it is selected (similar to mine which has also some refinement potential as well as definition of the final Wording and Font style).
Regarding the rmstevens daughter work I think it is too "complicated/detailed" for a logo but I absolutely support looking for a place to use it and keep it visible.
leonardo, JMcB, Capsian20 And 1 others like this post
---
Main Projects
: Tyrol DNA, Alpine DNA, J2-M172, J2a-M67, J2a-PF5197, ISOGG Wiki, GenWiki;
Focus on Y-DNA: J2a-M67-L210, J2a-PF5197-PF5169, R1a-M17, R1b-U106-Z372
(01-12-2024, 09:56 AM)ChrisR Wrote: Since I'm a contestant I'm not voting. For the simplicity I like the version of Kellebel, in the old thread there was an earlier version with the same concept but IMHO too much in a Google Font Style.
I would refine this Kellebel version a little in case it is selected (similar to mine which has also some refinement potential as well as definition of the final Wording and Font style).
Regarding the rmstevens daughter work I think it is too "complicated/detailed" for a logo but I absolutely support looking for a place to use it and keep it visible.

I think you are referring to DDDD's post. I couldn't find the image in my e-mail so I wasn't able to download it properly. That's why it is not here.
ChrisR, Capsian20, JMcB like this post
I also wouldn't vote, but I am afraid that rmstevens2's daughter submission is not technically a logo. It is rather a poster or something similar.

I actually like the most DDDD submission, then Kellebel, then ChrisR.
Kellebel, DDDD, Iceni And 1 others like this post
(01-12-2024, 02:36 PM)ph2ter Wrote: I also wouldn't vote, but I am afraid that rmstevens2's daughter submission is not technically a logo. It is rather a poster or something similar . . . 

Naturally, I don't agree. A logo is just a design used as a symbol. It's an icon, if you will. 

If you mean that a logo has to be boring and unappealing, then you're right.

(01-13-2024, 01:49 AM)rmstevens2 Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 02:36 PM)ph2ter Wrote: I also wouldn't vote, but I am afraid that rmstevens2's daughter submission is not technically a logo. It is rather a poster or something similar . . . 

Naturally, I don't agree. A logo is just a design used as a symbol. It's an icon, if you will. 

If you mean that a logo has to be boring and unappealing, then you're right.

I should clarify that I don't think any of the other entries is boring or unappealing. I'd be happy with any of them, but of course I prefer my daughter's creation. I just meant that a logo does not have to be entirely abstract and dull and unattractive.
JMcB likes this post