Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Check for new replies
Famous Q-M242 persons
Person: Robert Trujillo
Haplogroup: Q-L400 (Yfull: Q-YP1111) , source: tests of paternal relative and clansmen (#352522, 275052,N30551).
Known as: American musician, the bassist of heavy metal band "Metallica"

[Image: -Robert-Trujillo-robert-trujillo-30949556-382-500.jpg]
Manofthehour, rmstevens2, Piquerobi like this post
Here's one who should be famous: Afontova Gora 2, one of the Ancient North Eurasians, like Mal'ta Boy, who belonged to the related R-M207 Y-DNA haplogroup. Afontova Gora 2 was Q-NGQ11.

[Image: Afontova-Gora-2-from-Ancient-Connections-Q-NGQ11.jpg]
Manofthehour and parasar like this post
Let us now praise famous men, and our fathers that begat us.

- Wisdom of Sirach 44:1
Here's another one, a favorite actor of mine, Lee Van Cleef. He was Q-L275. He's in FTDNA Discover's "Notable Connections".

[Image: Lee-Van-Cleef-Q-L275.jpg]
Hygelac and Manofthehour like this post

Excuse me for tossing in another ancient Q guy who isn't but should be famous, if for no other reason than I find him interesting. This one is listed in FTDNA Discover's Ancient Connections as "Vig Femhøve 744", 3626-3200 BC, an Ertebølle culture guy from Vig Femhøve, Zealand, Denmark. He was Q-Y2700 (Q-M242>MEH2>M346>Y4800>Y2700).

[Image: Erteb-lle-culture.jpg]
Manofthehour likes this post

cool thread!
rmstevens2 likes this post
Okay, since I am one of the self-appointed keepers of the Q-M242 Flame, although not Q-M242 myself (but thinking it's very cool), here's another ancient Q guy who isn't famous but should be. He is Nileke 3N and was Q-F2235 (M242>L275>NGQ1>F2235).

He was a member of the steppe pastoralist Afanasievo culture and thus an early Indo-European.

[Image: Nileke-3-N-Afanasievo-Q-F2235.jpg]
parasar likes this post

Check for new replies