Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Welcome Refugees
Is this the new and final version of GA?
Webb, ltnultihaxer, AimSmall And 1 others like this post
(10-17-2023, 12:04 PM)Sailcius Wrote: Hello everyone, Ruderico here.

I have been very busy due to IRL issues, namely the missus pregnancy, so I am very late to the show. Good to see many familiar faces once again

Welcome Ruderico, I’m happy see you over here!! Pregnancy is a long process but gratificant, overall when your baby is born, there is already less!!!
rmstevens2, JMcB, Sailgios like this post
23andMe: 98.8% Spanish & Portuguese, 0.3% Ashkenazi Jewish, 0.9% Trace Ancestry (0.4% Coptic Egypcian, 0.3% Nigerian, 0.2% Bengali & Northeast Indian).

My Heritage: 91.5% Iberian, 3.6% Ashkenazi Jewish, 2.7% Middle East, 2.2% Irish Scottish and Welsh.

The truth doesn’t become more authentic because whole world agrees with it.RaMBaM

-M. De la Torre, converse of jew-
-D. de Castilla, converse of moor-
-M. de Navas, converse of moor-
(10-17-2023, 06:43 PM)Tomenable Wrote: Is this the new and final version of GA?

Highly probable.... voting closes on 11/2, but hard pressed to see the vote swinging to stay over there happening now.
JMcB, JonikW, Tomenable And 3 others like this post
(10-17-2023, 12:59 PM)Sailcius Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 12:28 PM)Rodoorn Wrote:
(10-17-2023, 12:04 PM)Sailcius Wrote: Hello everyone, Ruderico here.

I have been very busy due to IRL issues, namely the missus pregnancy, so I am very late to the show. Good to see many familiar faces once again

Not too late for the birth I hope Wink

The due date is only in January, still a little while to go until our little boy keeps us wide awake at night Smile

Sounds like you'll have some new DNA to play with... LOL    Gratz!
Qrts, Webb, Sailgios And 3 others like this post
Just wanted to say that I voted either way on the poll, but since getting established here, I'd much prefer this site to the old. I think a lot of other people will feel the same, but that's just my two cents.
JonikW, AimSmall, Qrts And 4 others like this post
(10-09-2023, 06:15 AM)geebee-1015 Wrote: In some ways I'm finding it hard to let go of genarchivist.freeforums.net.  I liked it, and had quite a few posts there already.  But as others have noticed, the number of new posts seems to have been dwindling.  I didn't want to end up just talking to myself.  I tend to get into too many arguments that way. 

I hate to say it, though.  This board is harder on my 67-year-old eyes.

Default, but I've tried the others too.
JMcB and rmstevens2 like this post
My ancestry is Palatine German - Swiss - Alsatian / British & Irish / Menorcan / French / Indigenous American
(10-09-2023, 04:07 PM)JMcB Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 01:04 PM)admin Wrote:
(10-09-2023, 06:15 AM)geebee-1015 Wrote: In some ways I'm finding it hard to let go of genarchivist.freeforums.net.  I liked it, and had quite a few posts there already.  But as others have noticed, the number of new posts seems to have been dwindling.  I didn't want to end up just talking to myself.  I tend to get into too many arguments that way. 

I hate to say it, though.  This board is harder on my 67-year-old eyes.

Which theme were you using? I am currently working on replicate a few old themes, I know some were better to eyes than the others.

I’m using an iPad and the Mobile theme works pretty nicely. On Anthrogenica, Blackstealth was my favorite setting. However, the best theme I’ve ever seen was the Default setting on the first GenArchivist. That one is really nice and easy on the eyes. At least, in my opinion.
The mere thought of trying to do this on any sort of tablet gives me chills.  Typically, I sit in front of a PC with two side-by-side monitors, a 27" and a 32".  I can't wait for an inexpensive -- ha! -- device the size of my smartphone that I can unfold to be the size of my monitor set up. 

Oh, I'll also need some sort of expandable keyboard for my old, klutzy fingers.  And did I say, inexpensive?
rmstevens2, JMcB, Rufus191 like this post
My ancestry is Palatine German - Swiss - Alsatian / British & Irish / Menorcan / French / Indigenous American
Glad to meet up again, it's been very lonely the last few weeks. I quite like this site interface, though I've only tried it on a 27" Mac.
Time to set up my profile now.
rmstevens2, JMcB, AimSmall And 1 others like this post
I haven't been as active as of late on the freeforums, so I will try to be as active as my old anthrogenica account was on this new forum. Anthrogenica is dead, long live the Genarchivist!
AimSmall, admin, Capsian20 And 4 others like this post
Hello everyone! Hopefully, this is our final home!
AimSmall, rmstevens2, JonikW And 3 others like this post
From Middle Tennessee USA
Equal parts Celtic, Anglo-Saxon and Scandinavian. 
(09-29-2023, 08:48 PM)Anglesqueville Wrote: Hi friends!

Things you do to follow friends! So Anglesqueville, this is where you landed this time...
Hopefully this is it!  I have used the Acadian flag for my avatar although this is only a portion of who I am. Just happened to have it handy.
Was surprised to be asked about my paternal MtDNA and my maternal yDNA. Had to look those up - found them on Francogene.com...
JonikW, JMcB, Anglesqueville And 2 others like this post
Hello. Valkyrie here from Genarchivist freeforums and Anthrogenica. Was also Elizabeth on Anthrogenica. I think I was rainbow or Elizabeth on DNA Forums. I was rainbow and later ~Elizabeth~ on FTDNA forum since 2005.
JonikW, rmstevens2, Capsian20 And 3 others like this post
FTDNA: Central Europe 41%, England, Wales, and Scotland 38%, Scandinavia 3%, East Slavic 13%, West Slavic 2%Greece & Balkans <2%, Finland <1%
Thank you!....Nice to be here.
JonikW, Randwulf, rmstevens2 And 3 others like this post
Hey everyone, I was dkhanux on AG. Fingers crossed this is the last place we have to move to!
Gray Fox, JMcB, Rufus191 And 3 others like this post
(10-21-2023, 07:37 PM)Titane Wrote:
(09-29-2023, 08:48 PM)Anglesqueville Wrote: Hi friends!

Things you do to follow friends! So Anglesqueville, this is where you landed this time...
Hopefully this is it!  I have used the Acadian flag for my avatar although this is only a portion of who I am. Just happened to have it handy.
Was surprised to be asked about my paternal MtDNA and my maternal yDNA. Had to look those up - found them on  Francogene.com...

Nice to see you, my old friend.
Randwulf, JonikW, JMcB And 2 others like this post
MyHeritage:
North and West European 55.8%
English 28.5%
Baltic 11.5%
Finnish 4.2%
GENETIC GROUPS Scotland (Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire)

Papertrail (4 generations): Normandy, Orkney, Bergum, Emden, Oulu