Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

GenArchivist's Logo Contest!
I am waiting a few more submissions to post everyone's logo here. Great job everyone, all artworks are amazing!
Ambiorix, rmstevens2, AimSmall And 4 others like this post
Considering the time of year... we could hold a yearly contest. Annually let members contribute new logos and let the community vote if they like a newer one to represent vs whatever the current version is.

Annual event and keep things fresh.

Just a thought
admin, Capsian20, JMcB And 2 others like this post
(11-28-2023, 01:05 AM)AimSmall Wrote: Considering the time of year... we could hold a yearly contest.  Annually let members contribute new logos and let the community vote if they like a newer one to represent vs whatever the current version is.

Just a thought

I would keep the central element of the logo for recognizability, at least for some years. What could be interesting would be a saisonal banner design contest so to integrate some current elements together with the main logo. Similar to what Google does with his Logo or by just using the additional space of the rectangular banner to include additional elements like stars, DNA fragments, snowflakes, slightly varying background colors/patterns, etc.
JMcB, ph2ter, Rufus191 And 2 others like this post
---
Main Projects
: Tyrol DNA, Alpine DNA, J2-M172, J2a-M67, J2a-PF5197, ISOGG Wiki, GenWiki;
Focus on Y-DNA: J2a-M67-L210, J2a-PF5197-PF5169, R1a-M17, R1b-U106-Z372
(11-28-2023, 09:45 AM)ChrisR Wrote:
(11-28-2023, 01:05 AM)AimSmall Wrote: Considering the time of year... we could hold a yearly contest.  Annually let members contribute new logos and let the community vote if they like a newer one to represent vs whatever the current version is.

Just a thought

I would keep the central element of the logo for recognizability, at least for some years. What could be interesting would be a saisonal banner design contest so to integrate some current elements together with the main logo. Similar to what Google does with his Logo or by just using the additional space of the rectangular banner to include additional elements like stars, DNA fragments, snowflakes, slightly varying background colors/patterns, etc.

I like your thinking, but Google tracks where you are, and surely they would not show folks in Australia, South Africa and Argentina snowflakes during their summer months Wink
JMcB likes this post
Paternal: R1b-U152+ L2+ ZZ48+ FGC10543+ PR5365+, Crispino Rocca, b.~1584, Agira, Sicily, Italy
Maternal: Haplogroup H4a1-T152C!, Maria Coto, b.~1864, Galicia, Spain
Mother's Paternal: Haplogroup J1+ FGC4745/FGC4766+ PF5019+, Gerardo Caprio, b.1879, Caposele, Avellino, Campania, Italy
Father's Maternal: Haplogroup T2b-C150T, Francisca Santa Cruz, b.1916, Garganchon, Burgos, Spain
Here are some of the logos submitted so far:

Logo by @Ambiorix
[Image: VWdh8gd.png]
Running4Borders, Mulay 'Abdullah, Orentil And 4 others like this post
Logo by @ChrisR (probably not the Final version)
His thought on it:  "I choose the Owl because often associated with knowledge and libraries, so fitting to an Archivist combined with a piece of DNA.
In addition I think it would give GenArchivist it's own pet mascot to build up on with a lot of recognizability."

[Image: uTXKcOd.png]
Running4Borders, leonardo, JonikW And 7 others like this post
Logo by @Mitchell-Atkins and its variations

[Image: MksW3Wr.png]
Capsian20, AimSmall, leonardo And 4 others like this post
Logo by @ph2ter
His thought on it: "The logo represents DNA helix which gradually turns into spermatozoa and at the same time forms the letters "gen".
And the human egg (ovum) is also there in the form of a circle with a core."

[Image: sSEAdSm.png]
Orentil, Running4Borders, Mulay 'Abdullah And 4 others like this post
All these entries are quite creative. Admin will have a tough time choosing.
Capsian20, ph2ter, Mulay 'Abdullah And 3 others like this post
The one by ph2ter shows a lot of thought in its creation.
JMcB, Mulay 'Abdullah, ph2ter And 1 others like this post
I would like to make a suggestion to the budding artists out there. Since the name of this forum is GenArchivist, why not go not only with the DNA double helix but also with the image of some sage using archives, like Gandalf in the stacks at Minas Tirith?

I don't mean use that exact picture, but a cartoon graphic something like it.

[Image: Gandalf-and-scroll.jpg]
Capsian20, Running4Borders, admin And 2 others like this post
Let us now praise famous men, and our fathers that begat us.

- Wisdom of Sirach 44:1
Well i think for admin this is very difficult to one option from this options , because it seems to all the logos are has good style (i would mean creativity)
Mulay 'Abdullah and admin like this post
Target: CapsianWGS_scaled
Distance: 1.2510% / 0.01251049
37.2 Iberomaurusian
36.8 Early_European_Farmer
12.8 Early_Levantine_Farmer
8.0 Steppe_Pastoralist
4.8 SSA
0.4 Iran_Neolithic
FTDNA : 91% North Africa +<2% Bedouin + <2  Southern-Levantinfo + <1 Sephardic Jewish + 3% Malta +  3%  Iberian Peninsula
23andME :  100% North Africa

WGS ( Y-DNA and mtDNA)
Y-DNA: E-A30032< A30480 ~1610 CE
mtDNA: V25b 800CE ? ( age mtDNA not accurate )
I'll be honest: they're all nice, but none of them jumps out and knocks my socks off.

Per my last post, I would really like to see the incorporation of some kind of bearded, wizard/sage figure going through parchments in a dusty, cobwebbed, ancient archive. The old sage in the archives plus the DNA double helix: that would get my vote, as long as the art is good.
Mulay 'Abdullah, Capsian20, admin like this post

I mentioned this to my youngest daughter, so she made the picture below.

[Image: genarchivist-logo-06-Dec2023.png]
Rufus191, Orentil, Capsian20 And 10 others like this post

(12-03-2023, 02:33 AM)admin Wrote: Logo by @ChrisR (probably not the Final version)
His thought on it:  "I choose the Owl because often associated with knowledge and libraries, so fitting to an Archivist combined with a piece of DNA.
In addition I think it would give GenArchivist it's own pet mascot to build up on with a lot of recognizability."

[Image: uTXKcOd.png]

That is a very good logo, I think it will be pretty dificult making a
 better one.
AimSmall, Mulay 'Abdullah, admin And 1 others like this post