Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Check for new replies
GenArchivist's Logo Contest!
(12-06-2023, 04:57 PM)rmstevens2 Wrote: I mentioned this to my youngest daughter, so she made the picture below.

[Image: genarchivist-logo-06-Dec2023.png]

This is awesome!
Mulay 'Abdullah, JMcB, Rufus191 And 1 others like this post
(12-07-2023, 04:35 AM)admin Wrote:
(12-06-2023, 04:57 PM)rmstevens2 Wrote: I mentioned this to my youngest daughter, so she made the picture below.

This is awesome!

Thanks!

She wants to tweak it a bit, but it should remain basically the same.
JonikW, JMcB, Mulay 'Abdullah And 1 others like this post
Let us now praise famous men, and our fathers that begat us.

- Wisdom of Sirach 44:1
My considerations so far: 
Mitchell-Atkins logo variations: My favorite variations are the dark metalic ones. It simple, it delivres the message and give us our cool Neanderthal nickname "GA!". I think it is pretty and looks good on all sizes. We could use it for many other things if it doesn't come out as winner.
Ambiorix logo: the greek-like library with DNA helices as pillars and the world globe on top of it is just everything this forum is about. I like it very much. Kudos to him, the symbolism is just on point.
ph2ter logo: The philosophical meaning of he gave in his logo is absolutely beautiful. It is hard to come with words for it cause it explains life itself, and that is our facination after all: the life our our ancestors. And it is because of them we are in this world, trying to understand our life throught them.
ChrisR logo: The idea of a "pet" or "character" for the forum is absolutely awesome. It is clean and it looks great. And again, the pet idea os very pleasing to me.
rmstevens2 logo: This logo is pure art.
Fun fact: The name "Albruic" is just a cheap version of a tabletop RPG character that I had, a wizard origionally named Ædruic (yes I am that much of a nerd) and I must say the chap I created in my mind is very much of what we are seeing now in this logo. Again: the idea of having a character for the forum is just awesome. And get that girl into an art school! She has talent!

I am having a hard time here guys, gonna need your help choosing as it is just getting better and better.
Congratulations to all!
ph2ter, Ambiorix, Orentil And 5 others like this post
(12-07-2023, 08:47 PM)admin Wrote: My considerations so far: 
Mitchell-Atkins logo variations: My favorite variations are the dark metalic ones. It simple, it delivres the message and give us our cool Neanderthal nickname "GA!". I think it is pretty and looks good on all sizes. We could use it for many other things if it doesn't come out as winner.
Ambiorix logo: the greek-like library with DNA helices as pillars and the world globe on top of it is just everything this forum is about. I like it very much. Kudos  to him, the symbolism is just on point.
ph2ter logo: The philosophical meaning of he gave in his logo is absolutely beautiful. It is hard to come with words for it cause it explains life itself, and that is our facination after all: the life our our ancestors. And it is because of them we are in this world, trying to understand our life throught them.
ChrisR logo: The idea of a "pet" or "character" for the forum is absolutely awesome. It is clean and it looks great. And again, the pet idea os very pleasing to me.
Fun fact: The name "Albruic" is just a cheap version of a tabletop RPG character that I had, a wizard origionally named Ædruic (yes I am that much of a nerd) and I must say the chap I created in my mind is very much of what we are seeing now in this logo. Again: the idea of having a character for the forum is just awesome. And get that girl into an art school! She has talent!

I am having a hard time here guys, gonna need your help choosing as it is just getting better and better.
Congratulations to all!

do you will doing poll ?
JonikW likes this post
Target: CapsianWGS_scaled
Distance: 1.2510% / 0.01251049
37.2 Iberomaurusian
36.8 Early_European_Farmer
12.8 Early_Levantine_Farmer
8.0 Steppe_Pastoralist
4.8 SSA
0.4 Iran_Neolithic
FTDNA : 91% North Africa +<2% Bedouin + <2  Southern-Levantinfo + <1 Sephardic Jewish + 3% Malta +  3%  Iberian Peninsula
23andME :  100% North Africa

WGS ( Y-DNA and mtDNA)
Y-DNA: E-A30032< A30480 ~1610 CE
mtDNA: V25b 800CE ? ( age mtDNA not accurate )
I'm mostly a lurker (and was on AG), but happen to own a design company, so figured I'd throw in my hat!

This is minimalist, in line with the general trend these days, hardly perfect, and the color palette is a random/AI-generated thing, but I'm more than happy to help out and offer any input if needed! 

[Image: Artboard1-scaled.jpg]
leonardo, Capsian20, Rufus191 And 9 others like this post
(12-08-2023, 09:56 PM)Capsian20 Wrote:
(12-07-2023, 08:47 PM)admin Wrote: My considerations so far: 
Ambiorix logo: the greek-like library with DNA helices as pillars and the world globe on top of it is just everything this forum is about. I like it very much. Kudos  to him, the symbolism is just on point.

Congratulations to all!

do you will doing poll ?

For now we just be using the "like" system
JonikW, Capsian20, rmstevens2 like this post
All logos are nice, good jobs all. The logo of Ph2ter is very well thought out and designed, a fine example of reconciling the letter and the spirit
Capsian20 and ph2ter like this post
يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقْنَاكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍ وَأُنثَىٰ وَجَعَلْنَاكُمْ شُعُوبًا وَقَبَائِلَ لِتَعَارَفُوا ۚ إِنَّ أَكْرَمَكُمْ عِندَ اللَّهِ أَتْقَاكُمْ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلِيمٌ خَبِيرٌ
S.49:13

Code:
Unscaled
0.01794617    Spain_Roman_oMixed
0.01889478    Portugal_MonteDaNora_LateRoman
0.01890273    Austria_Ovilava_Roman
يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقْنَٰكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍ وَأُنثَىٰ وَجَعَلْنَٰكُمْ شُعُوبًا وَقَبَآئِلَ لِتَعَارَفُوٓا۟ إِنَّ أَكْرَمَكُمْ عِندَ ٱللَّهِ أَتْقَىٰكُمْ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ عَلِيمٌ خَبِيرٌ
Great job guys!! All logos are good. Congratulations for all. It’s difficult to choose between all logos, because these are in similar line refered to quality and elaboration.
JMcB, admin, JonikW And 2 others like this post
23andMe: 98.8% Spanish & Portuguese, 0.3% Ashkenazi Jewish, 0.9% Trace Ancestry (0.4% Coptic Egypcian, 0.3% Nigerian, 0.2% Bengali & Northeast Indian).

My Heritage: 91.5% Iberian, 3.6% Ashkenazi Jewish, 2.7% Middle East, 2.2% Irish Scottish and Welsh.

The truth doesn’t become more authentic because whole world agrees with it.RaMBaM

-M. De la Torre, converse of jew-
-D. de Castilla, converse of moor-
-M. de Navas, converse of moor-
Oh this is so fun! I normally design feminine stuff, so needing to design something a bit more masculine was a great challenge!

I wanted to turn the letters “AGA” into a DNA strand. “AG” for AnthroGenica, since that’s where our roots are, and “GA” for GenArchivist. I faded out the first “A” because although AG is where it all started, it’s now the past. And we now have to focus on GA.

(FTR I sent an SVG format in PM on Discord)
AimSmall, Capsian20, Manofthehour And 8 others like this post
Kae = father | 66.0 N Dutch + 26.0 W French + 6.4 E German + 1.6 N Italian @0.01669241
Ella = mother | 80.4 Limburgish + 12.6 French + 5.6 Sicilian + 1.4 Romani @0.01272558

Kellebel @0.01602038

53.2% Frankish
37.8% Gaulish
9.0% Roman
(12-23-2023, 05:06 PM)Kellebel Wrote: Oh this is so fun! I normally design feminine stuff, so needing to design something a bit more masculine was a great challenge!

I wanted to turn the letters “AGA” into a DNA strand. “AG” for AnthroGenica, since that’s where our roots are, and “GA” for GenArchivist. I faded out the first “A” because although AG is where it all started, it’s now the past. And we now have to focus on GA.

(FTR I sent an SVG format in PM on Discord)

Nice, I like the clean style
JonikW, Kellebel, Capsian20 like this post
يَا أَيُّهَا النَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقْنَاكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍ وَأُنثَىٰ وَجَعَلْنَاكُمْ شُعُوبًا وَقَبَائِلَ لِتَعَارَفُوا ۚ إِنَّ أَكْرَمَكُمْ عِندَ اللَّهِ أَتْقَاكُمْ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلِيمٌ خَبِيرٌ
S.49:13

Code:
Unscaled
0.01794617    Spain_Roman_oMixed
0.01889478    Portugal_MonteDaNora_LateRoman
0.01890273    Austria_Ovilava_Roman
يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ إِنَّا خَلَقْنَٰكُم مِّن ذَكَرٍ وَأُنثَىٰ وَجَعَلْنَٰكُمْ شُعُوبًا وَقَبَآئِلَ لِتَعَارَفُوٓا۟ إِنَّ أَكْرَمَكُمْ عِندَ ٱللَّهِ أَتْقَىٰكُمْ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ عَلِيمٌ خَبِيرٌ
Site could do with a Favicon
JonikW and rmstevens2 like this post

Amazing!
AimSmall, Georgian1950, rmstevens2 like this post

I would vote for this one imo.
Isidro, rmstevens2, Rufus191 like this post
50.6 Anatolian_&_Balkan_Farmer
38.2 Yamnaya_Pontic-Caspian_Steppe
10.7 Western_Hunter-Gatherer
0.5 North_African_Farmer
(01-01-2024, 05:57 PM)jdean Wrote: Site could do with a Favicon

Hay, just noticed we've got a favicon now, nice : )
rmstevens2, JonikW, Rufus191 And 1 others like this post

Check for new replies