Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Check for new replies
Beer!
For me, Heineken is the best commercial beer.

But my favorites are "artesanales" made in Mexico. I'd post a pic of those beers later (If I find them lol).
JMcB, JonikW, rmstevens2 And 1 others like this post
23andMe: 55.5% European, 33.7% Indigenous American, 4.2% WANA, 3.4% SSA and 3.2% Unassigned
AncestryDNA: 57.27% Europe, 35.81% Indigenous Americas-Mexico, 3.46% MENA and 3.45% SSA
FamilyTreeDNA: 56.9% Europe, 33% Americas, 8.2% MENA, <2% Horn of Africa and <1% Eastern India
Living DNA: 63.3% West Iberia, 34.3% Native Americas and 2.3% Yorubaland
MyHeritage DNA: 60.8% Mesoamerican & Andean, 21% European, 14.9% MENA and 3.3% Nigerian

[1] "penalty= 0.001"
[1] "Ncycles= 1000"
[1] "distance%=2.1116"

Jalisciense

Iberian EMA,50.2
Native American,34.6
Guanche,7.4
Levantine EBA,4.6
African,3.2
Drinking a big 24-ounce can of Steel Reserve (8.1% ABV) this evening. It's not bad, except there is a little bit of a cloying sweetness from the high alcohol level. It's an acquired taste. I like it.

[Image: Steel-Reserve-beer-8-1.jpg]
Jalisciense, JMcB, Webb And 1 others like this post
Let us now praise famous men, and our fathers that begat us.

- Wisdom of Sirach 44:1
(01-15-2024, 10:10 AM)Jalisciense Wrote: For me, Heineken is the best commercial beer.

But my favorites are "artesanales" made in Mexico. I'd post a pic of those beers later (If I find them lol).

Minerva Pale Ale

[Image: PNqI6d7.jpg]

Minerva Colonial

[Image: jRPYNPr.jpg]

Colimita (My favorite beer)

[Image: E0rxi9h.jpg]
JMcB, Webb, rmstevens2 And 1 others like this post
23andMe: 55.5% European, 33.7% Indigenous American, 4.2% WANA, 3.4% SSA and 3.2% Unassigned
AncestryDNA: 57.27% Europe, 35.81% Indigenous Americas-Mexico, 3.46% MENA and 3.45% SSA
FamilyTreeDNA: 56.9% Europe, 33% Americas, 8.2% MENA, <2% Horn of Africa and <1% Eastern India
Living DNA: 63.3% West Iberia, 34.3% Native Americas and 2.3% Yorubaland
MyHeritage DNA: 60.8% Mesoamerican & Andean, 21% European, 14.9% MENA and 3.3% Nigerian

[1] "penalty= 0.001"
[1] "Ncycles= 1000"
[1] "distance%=2.1116"

Jalisciense

Iberian EMA,50.2
Native American,34.6
Guanche,7.4
Levantine EBA,4.6
African,3.2
Tonight I'm drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR). Yep, that's right. Most American males 18 and over (and maybe younger) know PBR as the standard Milwaukee, Wisconsin, German immigrant-derived American lager. 

Well, heck, I like it. It tastes good to me, and that's the standard any beer must meet for me to buy and drink it.

And the nice thing about PBR is that it is cheap. 

[Image: Pabst-Blue-Ribbon-beer.jpg]
JMcB, Jalisciense, Webb And 2 others like this post

(02-01-2024, 04:53 AM)rmstevens2 Wrote: Tonight I'm drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon (PBR). Yep, that's right. Most American males 18 and over (and maybe younger) know PBR as the standard Milwaukee, Wisconsin, German immigrant-derived American lager. 

Well, heck, I like it. It tastes good to me, and that's the standard any beer must meet for me to buy and drink it.

And the nice thing about PBR is that it is cheap. 

[Image: Pabst-Blue-Ribbon-beer.jpg]

You know PBR is cool, because here is Clint Eastwood drinking PBR.

[Image: Clint-Eastwood-drinking-Pabst-Blue-Ribbon.jpg]
Rufus191, JonikW, Webb And 1 others like this post

(12-16-2023, 07:17 AM)Square Wrote: I enjoy Belgian amber beer mostly like "Carolus" and most triple beer as well. I avoid Guinness , too bitter for me.

This one is pure delicacy : an Estonian beer I drank 2-3 times when I was lucky to find it in specialized beer shop in France. ÖÖ Is the name and also the shape my eyes made at the very first sip. "ÖÖ" means night apparently.

Maybe the best beer I ever tasted.

[Image: image.jpg]

Description match what I experienced. So rich, so intens. It is poetry. 

"Nose: A clean burnt sugar dominates, immediately giving way to rich dark fruits - plums, raisin, and fresh cranberries. Eventually, a roasted smokiness emerges, like a distant bonfire on the horizon."

Thank you Estonia.

Yes, "öö" means "night" in Estonian (cognate to Finnish "yö"). I would have bet I was the only one on this forum who knew this beer. It's just a perfection. Not to confuse with the Norwegian "ø" (brewery Nøgne ø)
Webb, rmstevens2, JMcB And 2 others like this post
MyHeritage:
North and West European 55.8%
English 28.5%
Baltic 11.5%
Finnish 4.2%
GENETIC GROUPS Scotland (Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire)

Papertrail (4 generations): Normandy, Orkney, Bergum, Emden, Oulu
Drinking the Australian import Foster's Lager this evening. I've been drinking this stuff since I was a kid. I like it.

[Image: Fosters-Lager.jpg]
JMcB, Jalisciense, Calamus And 2 others like this post

This stuff is fizzy and hydrating.  Kind of an expensive Becks with just the right bells and whistles to make it worth the money.  Has a spicy flavor in it that's mild but combats syrupy sweetness aftertaste.  Swear I can taste corn syrup in some beers.  Otherwise, Coors Light. Can't go wrong.  Also kind of like White Claw. In my mind, White Claw and Zyn the tobacco alternative are linked, they both hit my local market around the same time and rewired my biochemistry I think in a slightly healthy way kind of.
[Image: pfriem-brewing-oregon-pilsner-12oz-6pk-c...94.jpg?c=2]
JMcB, rmstevens2, Webb like this post
I’m on vacation in China. I’m on my last week of a three week trip and have enjoyed some decent beer. We spent four days in Beijing. We went to several sites, my favorites being the Great Wall and the Forbidden City. We tried Yanjing beer while in Beijing. In Kaifeng we stuck to the usual beers, such as Harbin, Laoshan, Tsingtao, and my favorite, Wusu. I stick to canned beers here, as China favors clear and green glass bottles which, to me, can change the taste of beer somewhat. Also we have had several different brands of baijiu, which isn’t for the faint of heart. It’s fermented then distilled sorghum, and runs around 56% ABV. You drink it straight at room temperature. The closest thing to compare it with is unaged corn whiskey. It’s a little sweet. The other interesting part of the trip were the other foreigners in Beijing, as far as trying to guess nationalities. You have to take clues from style and brands of clothes, unless you can get close enough to hear the language spoken. One couple was speaking Italian. Another couple sounded Eastern European, speaking some form of Slavic or Russian.
JonikW, rmstevens2, JMcB like this post
[Image: viking-age-brew-cover02-JAN2018.webp]
rmstevens2 and JonikW like this post
Viking + Early Slav (6.153)
Viking + Kievan Rus (6.486)
Viking + Ostrogoth (7.664)
Viking + Scythian (7.684)
Ostrogoth + Kievan Rus (9.027)
(02-26-2024, 07:22 AM)Webb Wrote: I’m on vacation in China.  I’m on my last week of a three week trip and have enjoyed some decent beer.  We spent four days in Beijing.  We went to several sites, my favorites being the Great Wall and the Forbidden City.  We tried Yanjing beer while in Beijing.  In Kaifeng we stuck to the usual beers, such as Harbin, Laoshan, Tsingtao, and my favorite, Wusu.  I stick to canned beers here, as China favors clear and green glass bottles which, to me, can change the taste of beer somewhat.  Also we have had several different brands of baijiu, which isn’t for the faint of heart.  It’s fermented then distilled sorghum, and runs around 56% ABV.  You drink it straight at room temperature.  The closest thing to compare it with is unaged corn whiskey.  It’s a little sweet.  The other interesting part of the trip were the other foreigners in Beijing, as far as trying to guess nationalities.  You have to take clues from style and brands of clothes, unless you can get close enough to hear the language spoken.  One couple was speaking Italian.  Another couple sounded Eastern European, speaking some form of Slavic or Russian.

When I lived in New York, where it was easier to get, I used to enjoy picking up some Tsingtao every once in a while. It’s been quite a while but as I recall, it was a pretty nice beer.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!
rmstevens2, Webb, JonikW like this post
Paper Trail: 42% English, 31.5% Scottish, 12.5% Irish, 6.25% German, 6.25% Sicilian & 1.5% French.
LDNA©: Britain & Ireland: 89.3% (51.5% English, 37.8% Scottish & Irish), N.W. Germanic: 7.8%, Europe South: 2.9% (Southern Italy & Sicily)
BigY 700: I1-Z141 >F2642 >Y3649 >Y7198 (c.365 AD) >Y168300 (c.410 AD) >A13248 (c.880 AD) >A13252 (c.1055 AD) >FT81015 (c.1285 AD) >A13243 (c.1620 AD) >FT80854 (c.1700 AD) >FT80630 (1893 AD).
Not to discuss religion here, but I am an Eastern Orthodox Christian. That is relevant because our Lent ended not too long ago, and I did without alcoholic beverages throughout Lent. Actually, it was no big sacrifice. I hardly noticed it.

Anyway, today I am drinking some Old Chub Scots ale. 

Old photo, but there is no point in taking a new one.

[Image: Old-Chub-Scots-Ale.jpg]
Webb and JMcB like this post

Check for new replies