Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Check for new replies
Ancient R1a-Z93 (Map and Discussion)
I made a map for the so far published ancient R1a-Z93 + related non-Z93 Steppe Indo-Iranian samples (Q, I2a, R1a-Z283,...). If you click on the samples you get additional info about the culture, location, dating, subclade, dating and archaelogical context (grave goods, comments). Please tell me if a sample is missing or some data is wrong. I will add later the new Q samples from Srubnaya

Steppe Indo-Iranian Y-DNA Map

[Image: QoagVrj.png]
Mythbuster General, pegasus, Riverman And 8 others like this post
(11-03-2023, 03:35 PM)Andar Wrote: I made a map for the so far published ancient R1a-Z93 + related non-Z93 Steppe Indo-Iranian samples (Q, I2a, R1a-Z283,...). If you click on the samples you get additional info about the culture, location, dating, subclade, dating and archaelogical context (grave goods, comments). Please tell me if a sample is missing or some data is wrong. I will add later the new Q samples from Srubnaya

Thanks you for Map about Y-DNA R1a
I have question about samples R1a* its Negative SNP (YP4141- , and M459 - ) or unknown ?
jamtastic and JonikW like this post
Target: CapsianWGS_scaled
Distance: 1.2510% / 0.01251049
37.2 Iberomaurusian
36.8 Early_European_Farmer
12.8 Early_Levantine_Farmer
8.0 Steppe_Pastoralist
4.8 SSA
0.4 Iran_Neolithic
FTDNA : 91% North Africa +<2% Bedouin + <2  Southern-Levantinfo + <1 Sephardic Jewish + 3% Malta +  3%  Iberian Peninsula
23andME :  100% North Africa

WGS ( Y-DNA and mtDNA)
Y-DNA: E-A30032< A30480 ~1610 CE
mtDNA: V25b 800CE ? ( age mtDNA not accurate )
(11-03-2023, 04:22 PM)Capsian20 Wrote:
(11-03-2023, 03:35 PM)Andar Wrote: I made a map for the so far published ancient R1a-Z93 + related non-Z93 Steppe Indo-Iranian samples (Q, I2a, R1a-Z283,...). If you click on the samples you get additional info about the culture, location, dating, subclade, dating and archaelogical context (grave goods, comments). Please tell me if a sample is missing or some data is wrong. I will add later the new Q samples from Srubnaya

I have question about samples R1a* its Negative SNP (YP4141- , and M459 - ) or unknown ?

It now includes all low quality or non Z93 samples. I will later split that category
jamtastic, Capsian20, parasar And 1 others like this post
(11-03-2023, 04:36 PM)Andar Wrote:

It now includes all low quality or non Z93 samples. I will later split that category
This is an incredibly useful resource. Thank you! I hope that you will continue to update and repost this map. Speaking of which, any news on any forthcoming samples in the general category (e.g., over the summer there was some twitter traffic regarding a 'Sarmatian' sample from Roman Britain and then a Carpathian Basin poster we saw here from our own @FR9CZ6, etc.)?
(11-07-2023, 06:23 PM)jamtastic Wrote:

This is an incredibly useful resource. Thank you! I hope that you will continue to update and repost this map. Speaking of which, any news on any forthcoming samples in the general category (e.g., over the summer there was some twitter traffic regarding a 'Sarmatian' sample from Roman Britain and then a Carpathian Basin poster we saw here from our own @FR9CZ6, etc.)?

There is a big problem with using Google Maps. It shows just one pin per location and some locations have multiple samples so i will probably use another map generator for my spreadsheet. I am using this spreadsheet, which is including all R1a-Z93 and most other Indo-Iranian Steppe samples with other Y-DNA. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
jamtastic likes this post
(11-08-2023, 08:46 AM)Andar Wrote:

There is a big problem with using Google Maps. It shows just one pin per location and some locations have multiple samples so i will probably use another map generator for my spreadsheet. I am using this spreadsheet, which is including all R1a-Z93 and most other Indo-Iranian Steppe samples with other Y-DNA. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
Ah! And wasn't at least one of the Himera samples Z93? Did it end up falling off?
Andar likes this post
(11-09-2023, 02:35 PM)jamtastic Wrote:
(11-08-2023, 08:46 AM)Andar Wrote:
(11-03-2023, 04:22 PM)Capsian20 Wrote: Thanks you for Map about Y-DNA R1a

Ah! And wasn't at least one of the Himera samples Z93? Did it end up falling off?

Thanks for mentioning them. I added both. One is R1a-Y52 and one R1a-Z2123.
jamtastic and parasar like this post

There may be a Y3 in Srubnaya.
"All male individuals buried in Kurgan 1 carried Q1b Y-chromosomal haplogroups, with the
exception of individual two from burial eight (b8-2) whose Y-chromosome was assigned to
belong to R1a."
https://www.pnas.org/doi/suppl/10.1073/p...0.sapp.pdf

B8-2
Y-haplogroup R-Y3
MT-haplogroup U5b1b
https://www.theytree.com/usersample/db40...811ac.html
jamtastic likes this post
There seems to be a sample with R1a-Z2123 (under Z93) in the Unetice site in Leubingen (from Penske et al. 2024):
https://discover.familytreedna.com/y-dna...23/ancient
VladMC, parasar, Manofthehour like this post
~ Per aspera ad hominem ~
Y-DNA: N-Z1936 >> CTS8565 >> BY22114 (Savonian)
mtDNA: H5a1e (Northern Fennoscandian)
(02-14-2024, 09:25 PM)parasar Wrote:

There may be a Y3 in Srubnaya.
"All male individuals buried in Kurgan 1 carried Q1b Y-chromosomal haplogroups, with the
exception of individual two from burial eight (b8-2) whose Y-chromosome was assigned to
belong to R1a."
https://www.pnas.org/doi/suppl/10.1073/p...0.sapp.pdf

B8-2
Y-haplogroup R-Y3
MT-haplogroup U5b1b
https://www.theytree.com/usersample/db40...811ac.html

https://discover.familytreedna.com/y-dna...97/ancient
R-F2597
Nepluyevsky 8 was a 17-19 year old teenage boy who lived between 1877 - 1642 BCE during the Early Bronze Age and was found in the region now known as Burial Mound at Nepluyevsky, Southern Ural region, Russian Federation.

He was associated with the Srubnaya-Alakul cultural group.
His direct maternal line belonged to mtDNA haplogroup U5b1b.
Reference: b8-2 from Blöcher et al. 2023
Manofthehour and jamtastic like this post

Check for new replies