Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Post pictures of your ancestors
I'll get it started with a few of mine. All of my family comes from the hills of Eastern Kentucky. The first image is of my great Grandmother during her baptism. The second is my great, great Grandmother at the funeral of her Mother. The third is of the aforementioned great grandmother and great, great grandmothers family.
lg16, JonikW, Running4Borders And 9 others like this post

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   Fieldsfam.jpg (Size: 48.49 KB / Downloads: 226)
Here's a couple more of the same great, great Grandmother and great grandmother. They were in Letcher County, Kentucky before moving to Pulaski County, Kentucky. Fields/Caudill clans
JMcB, Orentil, leonardo And 7 others like this post

(10-16-2023, 08:12 AM)Gray Fox Wrote: Here's a couple more of the same great, great Grandmother and great grandmother. They were in Letcher County, Kentucky before moving to Pulaski County, Kentucky. Fields/Caudill clans

Interesting.  I have Caudill's in my tree from Letcher County as well.  Related through marriage, though.  Abel Caudill born 1843, Letcher County, and his wife Mary Ann Caudill, had a son, Samuel McKee Caudill who married Lucinda A. Blair.  Lucinda's mother was a Nickell from Morgan County, Kentucky.  My great great great grandmother was a Nickell.
rmstevens2, JMcB, lg16 And 3 others like this post
Cool thread, I will start with my profile pic.
The Aguiar family is a branch of my maternal family, it can be traced back to 1590 to Vicente Gonçalves de Aguiar, probably born in the distric of Vila Pouca de Aguiar, North region of Portugal. 
From there, they stablished in the state of São Paulo, which they are until this day. Started as Bandeirantes the pioneer explorer of Brazilian backlands they had all kinds of professions and adventures, including in Langsdorff expediction where one of them provided a boat for the exploration back in 1820s. 
They had all kinds of ups and downs lots of riches and plenty of generations in poverty, yet, they succeeded and because of all this effort I'm here talking to you now. 
The man in my profile picture is my grandfather's cousin, and they gave me one of my first toys ever, a wooden swing. He got this baddass look but he was very gentle and polite just like my grandfather, who I miss a lot.
You can see here his brother, sister, mother, father, cousin, everyone gathered in a church. It is always cool to look at our ancestors and refreshing to see that we don't difer much in looks. If you don't have pictures of your ancestors, take a look in the mirror, cause you have a little bit of everyone in you.
[Image: 7IOYMr5.jpg]
lg16, JonikW, Orentil And 9 others like this post
My Y-DNA line second great grandparents, James Holmes Stevens and his wife, Olive Augusta Washburn Stevens.

[Image: Stevens-James-Holmes-Stevens-Sr-1835-1902.jpg] [Image: Stevens-Olive-Augusta-Washburn-Stevens-b...-photo.jpg]
leonardo, Gray Fox, JMcB And 7 others like this post
Let us now praise famous men, and our fathers that begat us.

- Wisdom of Sirach 44:1
(10-16-2023, 01:22 PM)Webb Wrote:
(10-16-2023, 08:12 AM)Gray Fox Wrote: Here's a couple more of the same great, great Grandmother and great grandmother. They were in Letcher County, Kentucky before moving to Pulaski County, Kentucky. Fields/Caudill clans

Interesting.  I have Caudill's in my tree from Letcher County as well.  Related through marriage, though.  Abel Caudill born 1843, Letcher County, and his wife Mary Ann Caudill, had a son, Samuel McKee Caudill who married Lucinda A. Blair.  Lucinda's mother was a Nickell from Morgan County, Kentucky.  My great great great grandmother was a Nickell.

They do seem to have been quite a prolific branch! I posted these photos elsewhere and discovered that a person I had gone all through school with was related to them too.
Webb, JonikW, rmstevens2 And 1 others like this post
My Grandfather. He was originally from Jackson county, Kentucky. He owned/operated a gas station when he moved to Pulaski county. The anvil he's lifting weighed 80 pounds and he had a running bet with his customers that no one could lift it. Dad told me he had plough boy strength, because they were too poor to afford a mule Smile
rmstevens2, Square, JonikW And 4 others like this post

My maternal grandma (left) with her sister and brother in Hamburg/Germany in 1912.
JonikW, rmstevens2, Gray Fox And 4 others like this post

Attached Files
.png   Gretchen Mimi Werner 1912.png (Size: 160.05 KB / Downloads: 130)
Known ancestry: Mecklenburg 39.4%, Hamburg 11.7%, Brandenburg 10.1%, Schleswig-Holstein 8.5%, Rheinland-Pfalz 7.7%, Niedersachsen 7.1%, Thüringen 5.5%, Denmark 4.7%, Czechia 1.8%, Hessen 1.6%, Austria 0.8%.
Genetic ancestry: Germanic Europe 64%, Sweden&Denmark 33%, Scotland 2%, Baltics 1% (ancestry).
Ancient ancestry: Yamnaya 48.0%, Anatolia 37.6%, WHG 14.4% (Davidski). Langobards, Scandinavians, Goths, Caledonian, Germania Magna.
Iron Age: Germanic 58.4%, Continental Celt 30.8%, Balto-Slavic 7.8%, Roman Italy 3%.
My great-grandfather in 1893.
JMcB, JonikW, leonardo And 4 others like this post

Known ancestry: Mecklenburg 39.4%, Hamburg 11.7%, Brandenburg 10.1%, Schleswig-Holstein 8.5%, Rheinland-Pfalz 7.7%, Niedersachsen 7.1%, Thüringen 5.5%, Denmark 4.7%, Czechia 1.8%, Hessen 1.6%, Austria 0.8%.
Genetic ancestry: Germanic Europe 64%, Sweden&Denmark 33%, Scotland 2%, Baltics 1% (ancestry).
Ancient ancestry: Yamnaya 48.0%, Anatolia 37.6%, WHG 14.4% (Davidski). Langobards, Scandinavians, Goths, Caledonian, Germania Magna.
Iron Age: Germanic 58.4%, Continental Celt 30.8%, Balto-Slavic 7.8%, Roman Italy 3%.
One of my great-grandfathers, a coachman.
Square, JMcB, Orentil And 4 others like this post

Attached Files
.png   Wilhelm Wilken.png (Size: 264.18 KB / Downloads: 128)
My maternal grandmothers brother and sister in Hamburg 1905.
Square, Gray Fox, Orentil And 4 others like this post

Attached Files
.png   Werner + Mimi Canow ar. 1905.png (Size: 286.19 KB / Downloads: 128)
grandmother paternal side in 1910
rmstevens2, Square, JonikW And 5 others like this post

great grandparents
Gray Fox, JMcB, JonikW And 5 others like this post

Attached Files
.png   Elisabeth + Joseph Canow.png (Size: 253.01 KB / Downloads: 125)
great grandmother
rmstevens2, ph2ter, Dts And 5 others like this post

Attached Files
.jpg   Elsa Röwer, Brohse.jpg (Size: 61.52 KB / Downloads: 121)
MGF, in 1913, about 17 years old, engaging in America's past-time.
[Image: gy4QLOh.jpg]
Orentil, JonikW, rmstevens2 And 4 others like this post