Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

West Asian qpAdm models
As the title suggests. Let's start with Lebanese. 

Lebanese Christians:

Code:
Target = Lebanese_Christian_Achrafieh_Beirut
Lebanon_QED_Roman: 94.1%
Tajik_Yaghnobi: 5.92%
p-value: 0.309
Code:
Lebanon_QED_Roman: 100%
p-value: 0.147

Lebanese Sunni Muslims:

Code:
Target = Lebanese_Sunni_Muslim_Beirut
Lebanon_QED_Roman: 83.3%
Tajik_Yaghnobi: 11.9%
Bantu_Kenya: 4.78%
p-value: 0.08

Druze:

Code:
Target = Druze
Lebanon_QED_Roman: 92.2%
Tajik_Yaghnobi: 7.9%
p-value: 0.21

Lebanese Shia Muslims:

Code:
Target = Lebanese_Shia_Muslim_Beirut
Lebanon_QED_Roman: 86.6%
Tajik_Yaghnobi: 11%
Bantu_Kenya: 2.4%
p-value: 0.13
Andar, , Jalisciense And 2 others like this post
How do you created qpAdm ?
Qrts likes this post
(10-04-2023, 10:46 AM)Qrts Wrote: As the title suggests. Let's start with Lebanese. 

Lebanese Christians:

Code:
Lebanon_QED_Roman: 94.1%
Tajik_Yaghnobi: 5.92%
p-value: 0.309
Code:
Lebanon_QED_Roman: 100%
p-value: 0.147

Lebanese Sunni Muslims:

Code:
Target = Lebanese_Sunni_Muslim_Beirut
Lebanon_QED_Roman: 83.3%
Tajik_Yaghnobi: 11.9%
Bantu_Kenya: 4.78%
p-value: 0.08

Druze:

Code:
Target = Druze
Lebanon_QED_Roman: 92.2%
Tajik_Yaghnobi: 7.9%
p-value: 0.21

Lebanese Shia Muslims:

Code:
Target = Lebanese_Shia_Muslim_Beirut
Lebanon_QED_Roman: 86.6%
Tajik_Yaghnobi: 11%
Bantu_Kenya: 2.4%
p-value: 0.13

Could you do a F4 test with
Outgroup-mbuti (pop1) Rus_sintashta(pop2) Lebanon_SFI_55(Assyrian era) or Lebanon_achamaenid(if you have those samples) (pop3) Lebanese_Sunni_muslim_beirut(pop4)

Trying to see if an affinity with Sintashta really exists.

I am not fully convinced about this connection.
There may be some steppe rich arm_mba or aegean_ia which maybe causing conflation.

Either ways,Beirut was a cosmopolitan globalized area throughout its history,so I won't be surprised with some connection through Turkish people, however I won't take it as a representative of all Lebanese muslims/Christians throughout lebanon, especially in the rural and sideways areas.
(10-04-2023, 06:36 PM)Capsian20 Wrote: How do you created qpAdm  ?

You can either run it through a Linux VirtualMachine or use AT2 through RStudio.
Capsian20 likes this post
(10-05-2023, 04:54 AM)Jerome Wrote: Could you do a F4 test with
Outgroup-mbuti (pop1) Rus_sintashta(pop2) Lebanon_SFI_55(Assyrian era) or Lebanon_achamaenid(if you have those samples) (pop3) Lebanese_Sunni_muslim_beirut(pop4)

There may be some steppe rich arm_mba or aegean_ia which maybe causing conflation.

Either ways,Beirut was a cosmopolitan globalized area throughout its history,so I won't be surprised with some connection through Turkish people, however I won't take it as a representative of all Lebanese muslims/Christians throughout lebanon, especially in the rural and sideways areas.

Can't read that brother.
(10-06-2023, 10:20 AM)Qrts Wrote:
(10-04-2023, 06:36 PM)Capsian20 Wrote: How do you created qpAdm  ?

You can either run it through a Linux VirtualMachine or use AT2 through RStudio.

AT2 through RStudio?

Interesting,can it be done online?
(10-06-2023, 10:20 AM)Qrts Wrote:
(10-05-2023, 04:54 AM)Jerome Wrote: Could you do a F4 test with

Can't read that brother.

Could you do an F4 test with
mbuti (pop1) Rus_sintashta(pop2) Lebanon_SFI_55(Assyrian era) or Lebanon_achamaenid(if you have those samples) (pop3) Lebanese_Sunni_muslim_beirut(pop4)

Mulay 'Abdullah likes this post
(10-07-2023, 03:20 PM)Jerome Wrote: Could you do an F4 test with
mbuti (pop1) Rus_sintashta(pop2) Lebanon_SFI_55(Assyrian era) or Lebanon_achamaenid(if you have those samples) (pop3) Lebanese_Sunni_muslim_beirut(pop4)

Aegean IA is already within QED Roman samples.

Sunnis from Beirut have ~4% SSA which can skew f4stats and Beirut IA3 have excess Aegean, so I used Sidon-Druze instead:

Code:
# A tibble: 1 × 8
  pop1      pop2                  pop3     pop4                       est       se     z       p
  <chr>     <chr>                 <chr>    <chr>                    <dbl>    <dbl> <dbl>   <dbl>
1 Chimp.REF Russia_MLBA_Sintashta Druze.DG Lebanon_Sidon_MBA.SG -0.000866 0.000269 -3.22 0.00130

Code:
  pop1      pop2                  pop3                 pop4                          est       se     z        p
  <chr>     <chr>                 <chr>                <chr>                       <dbl>    <dbl> <dbl>    <dbl>
1 Chimp.REF Russia_MLBA_Sintashta Lebanon_Sidon_MBA.SG Lebanon_Beirut_ERoman.SG 0.000936 0.000258  3.63 0.000284

Jerome Wrote:Either ways,Beirut was a cosmopolitan globalized area throughout its history,so I won't be surprised with some connection through Turkish people, however I won't take it as a representative of all Lebanese muslims/Christians throughout lebanon, especially in the rural and sideways areas.

Turkish is only significantly needed for a segment of Sunnis from the city. The rural Sunnis, Shiites and Christians don't require any of it.
pegasus, , ESPLover like this post
Can you try modelling natufian as geo up and ibm if possible
Qrts likes this post
(10-08-2023, 02:53 PM)Qrts Wrote:
(10-07-2023, 03:20 PM)Jerome Wrote: Could you do an F4 test with

Aegean IA is already within QED Roman samples.

Sunnis from Beirut have ~4% SSA which can skew f4stats and Beirut IA3 have excess Aegean, so I used Sidon-Druze instead:

Code:
  pop1      pop2                  pop3     pop4                       est       se     z       p
  <chr>     <chr>                 <chr>    <chr>                    <dbl>    <dbl> <dbl>   <dbl>
1 Chimp.REF Russia_MLBA_Sintashta Druze.DG Lebanon_Sidon_MBA.SG -0.000866 0.000269 -3.22 0.00130

Code:
  pop1      pop2                  pop3                 pop4                          est       se     z        p
  <chr>     <chr>                 <chr>                <chr>                       <dbl>    <dbl> <dbl>    <dbl>
1 Chimp.REF Russia_MLBA_Sintashta Lebanon_Sidon_MBA.SG Lebanon_Beirut_ERoman.SG 0.000936 0.000258  3.63 0.000284

Jerome Wrote:Either ways,Beirut was a cosmopolitan globalized area throughout its history,so I won't be surprised with some connection through Turkish people, however I won't take it as a representative of all Lebanese muslims/Christians throughout lebanon, especially in the rural and sideways areas.

Turkish is only significantly needed for a segment of Sunnis from the city. The rural Sunnis, Shiites and Christians don't require any of it.

Great.
One last thing,could you do a f4 test with
mbuti(pop1) druze/Lebanon_Qed_roman(pop2) arm_mba(pop3) rus_sintashta(pop4)

I am trying to see which has greater affinity,arm_mba or..
Qrts likes this post
(10-11-2023, 02:57 PM)Gene188288 Wrote: Can you try modelling natufian as geo up and ibm if possible

I can't as I don't have Dzudzuana in my dataset yet, but I did successfully model it with Barcin N and IBM:

Code:
Target = Natufian

Barcin N: 71.5% 
Taforalt: 28.5%

p-value: 0.427
ESPLover likes this post
(10-13-2023, 04:46 AM)Jerome Wrote: Great.

Code:
  pop1    pop2    pop3          pop4                        est      se    z      p
  <chr>    <chr>    <chr>          <chr>                    <dbl>    <dbl> <dbl>  <dbl>
1 Mbuti.DG Druze.DG Armenia_MBA.SG Russia_MLBA_Sintashta -0.000457 0.000268 -1.70 0.0883

It seems like it's not closer to either one compared to the other. That's probably because Druze ancestry base Levant BA is more related to BA Armenians, while they are simultaneously admixed with Sintashta-derived sources.
Hello @Qrts

“ It's not 20%. It's between 0 and 11% for most groups affected by it.”

Which groups have least(0%) and highest(10%) of this eastern ancestry ??

Also u remember u claimed that there was meso mix in Levantine groups during iron age did u confirm that by qpAdm?
Also can u make more models with more eastern sources bc I personally can't believe Scythian “ sirwal, citrus fruits, sugar canes, chickens, and Indian elephants”brought these things to Levant.
(10-14-2023, 04:12 PM)Qrts Wrote:
(10-13-2023, 04:46 AM)Jerome Wrote: Great.

Code:
  pop1    pop2    pop3          pop4                        est      se    z      p
  <chr>    <chr>    <chr>          <chr>                    <dbl>    <dbl> <dbl>  <dbl>
1 Mbuti.DG Druze.DG Armenia_MBA.SG Russia_MLBA_Sintashta -0.000457 0.000268 -1.70 0.0883

It seems like it's not closer to either one compared to the other. That's probably because Druze ancestry base Levant BA is more related to BA Armenians, while they are simultaneously admixed with Sintashta-derived sources.
I think that test was a bit out of place here, this would be better.

Mbuti(pop1) arm_mba(pop2) lebanon_sidon_mba(pop3) Lebanon_Beirut_ERoman(pop4)

Then another test with Sintashta instead of arm_mba(pop2).

Mbuti(pop1) Rus_sintashta(pop2) Lebanon_sidon(pop3) Lebanon_Beirut_ERoman(pop4)

And the Z-scores from both tests will clear up everything.

Also, please don't use druze,they are hevaily Mesopotamian sifted,lebanon_Beirut_ERoman should be better.

Did you ever run rotating models for this on qpAdm with different sources?

That would be a good way too.
Qrts likes this post