Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Subforum ideas
Might as well make a thread for suggesting new subforums.

The obvious ones missing are the dedicated forums for ancient DNA, Autosomal DNA and the x-chromosome. 

Other than that this forum seems to have everything from the other one.
Looking at my profile, I see a box to add an avatar or image, but I am not sure how to add it. Also, being a genetic forum, users like to list their y-dna  and mtdna terminal branches but I don't see an option for that. Am I just missin the obvious?

(09-29-2023, 10:22 AM)leonardo Wrote: Looking at my profile, I see a box to add an avatar or image, but I am not sure how to add it. Also, being a genetic forum, users like to list their y-dna  and mtdna terminal branches but I don't see an option for that. Am I just missin the obvious?

Silly me. I found the link in my profile that allowed me to place my avatar image in my profile.
(09-29-2023, 10:22 AM)leonardo Wrote: Looking at my profile, I see a box to add an avatar or image, but I am not sure how to add it. Also, being a genetic forum, users like to list their y-dna  and mtdna terminal branches but I don't see an option for that. Am I just missin the obvious?

Silly me. I found the link in my profile that allowed me to place my avatar image in my profile.

If you go to User CP on the top left -> edit your profile you will see all the fields to add those informations 
[Image: 27yY7ra.png]

+ subforums are now visible. Please if you miss another one or feel like we could add new ones, don't hesitate to ask for it.
(09-29-2023, 12:26 PM)admin Wrote:

If you go to User CP on the top left -> edit your profile you will see all the fields to add those informations 

+ subforums are now visible. Please if you miss another one or feel like we could add new ones, don't hesitate to ask for it.

I’ve done that but it doesn’t appear to be showing up under the Avatar. Like it does on the other GenArchvist and did on Anthrogenica. Is there a way to fit it in there?

Edit: Personally, I don’t need to know how many times I’ve been thanked or given thanks. So perhaps you could remove that and put in our Etnicity, Haplogroups and the like there.
Paper Trail: 42% English, 31.5% Scottish, 12.5% Irish, 6.25% German, 6.25% Sicilian & 1.5% French.
LDNA©: Britain & Ireland: 89.3% (51.5% English, 37.8% Scottish & Irish), N.W. Germanic: 7.8%, Europe South: 2.9% (Southern Italy & Sicily)
BigY 700: I1-Z141 >F2642 >Y3649 >Y7198 (c.365 AD) >Y168300 (c.410 AD) >A13248 (c.880 AD) >A13252 (c.1055 AD) >FT81015 (c.1285 AD) >A13243 (c.1620 AD) >FT80854 (c.1700 AD) >FT80630 (1893 AD).
(09-29-2023, 06:10 PM)JMcB Wrote:

I’ve done that but it doesn’t appear to be showing up under the Avatar. Like it does on the other GenArchvist and did on Anthrogenica. Is there a way to fit it in there?

Edit: Personally, I don’t need to know how many times I’ve been thanked or given thanks. So perhaps you could remove that and put in our Etnicity, Haplogroups and the like there.

It should be showing now. 
What we have, is a "like" option instead of "Thank you", as I didn't find any option to hide that info on members cards, we can try out the other system too and see how it goes.
(09-29-2023, 06:23 PM)admin Wrote:

What we have, is a "like" option instead of "Thank you", as I didn't find any option to hide that info on members cards, we can try out the other system too and see how it goes.

Thanks. There was a delayed reaction with the information making into the space below the Avatar after a few minutes. If you’re willing to try the Thank option I’m game. We can always switch it back if it isn’t as nice. Another question I have is, will you be able to add more background options in the future? Ideally, it would be nice to have the default color (blue) option that’s on the first GenArchivist’s site but I don’t know if that’s possible. Of all the forums I’ve been on that one is the easiest one I’ve ever seen on my eyes
Paper Trail: 42% English, 31.5% Scottish, 12.5% Irish, 6.25% German, 6.25% Sicilian & 1.5% French.
LDNA©: Britain & Ireland: 89.3% (51.5% English, 37.8% Scottish & Irish), N.W. Germanic: 7.8%, Europe South: 2.9% (Southern Italy & Sicily)
BigY 700: I1-Z141 >F2642 >Y3649 >Y7198 (c.365 AD) >Y168300 (c.410 AD) >A13248 (c.880 AD) >A13252 (c.1055 AD) >FT81015 (c.1285 AD) >A13243 (c.1620 AD) >FT80854 (c.1700 AD) >FT80630 (1893 AD).
(09-30-2023, 02:41 AM)JMcB Wrote:
(09-29-2023, 06:23 PM)admin Wrote:

Thanks. There was a delayed reaction with the information making into the space below the Avatar after a few minutes. If you’re willing to try the Thank option I’m game. We can always switch it back if it isn’t as nice. Another question I have is, will you be able to add more background options in the future? Ideally, it would be nice to have the default color (blue) option that’s on the first GenArchivist’s site but I don’t know if that’s possible. Of all the forums I’ve been on that one is the easiest one I’ve ever seen on my eyes

Sure! I will start working on it right away.
Something that I really like about the first GenArchivist is that there was more space to write in the profile, just for comparation:

Archaic Human DNA (Living DNA): 97.62% Early modern human, 2.15% Neanderthal and 0.23% Denisovan

Ethnicity: Spaniard, Indigenous Mexican, West and Central African
Nationality: Mexican
Y-DNA (P): E1b1b1b -> L19 -> M81 -> M183 -> PF2477 -> PF2546
Y-DNA (M): E1b1b1b -> L19 -> M81 -> M183 -> PF2477 -> PF2546
mtDNA (M): Unknown
mtDNA (P): Unknown
Member is Online

But the one that I liked the most was this:

Most Recent Status
Shows up as personal text in your miniprofile and profile.
23andMe: 55.5% European, 33.7% Indigenous American, 4.2% WANA, 3.4% SSA and 3.2% Unassigned
AncestryDNA: 57.27% Europe, 35.81% Indigenous Americas-Mexico, 3.46% MENA and 3.45% SSA
FamilyTreeDNA: 56.9% Europe, 33% Americas, 8.2% MENA, <2% Horn of Africa and <1% Eastern India
Living DNA: 63.3% West Iberia, 34.3% Native Americas and 2.3% Yorubaland
MyHeritage DNA: 60.8% Mesoamerican & Andean, 21% European, 14.9% MENA and 3.3% Nigerian

[1] "penalty= 0.001"
[1] "Ncycles= 1000"
[1] "distance%=2.1116"

Jalisciense

Iberian EMA,50.2
Native American,34.6
Guanche,7.4
Levantine EBA,4.6
African,3.2
Would it be possible to get a subforum (inside the P312 subforum) for DF19?
Possible description:
"Y-DNA Haplogroup R1b-DF19 (all downstream SNPs inclusive) sub-forum"
Ambiorix, JMcB, rmstevens2 like this post
(10-10-2023, 06:41 PM)Dewsloth Wrote: Would it be possible to get a subforum (inside the P312 subforum) for DF19?
Possible description:
"Y-DNA Haplogroup R1b-DF19 (all downstream SNPs inclusive) sub-forum"

Done.
rmstevens2, JMcB, Dewsloth like this post
Would it be possible to put L2 under U152
rmstevens2 likes this post
U152>L2>Z49>Z142>Z150>FGC12381>FGC12378>FGC47869>FGC12401>FGC47875>FGC12384
50% English, 15% Welsh, 15% Scot/Ulster Scot, 5% Irish, 10% German, 2% Scandi, 2% French & Dutch), 1% India
Ancient ~40% Anglo-Saxon, ~40% Briton/Insular Celt, ~15% German, 4% Other Euro
600 AD: 55% Anglo-Saxon (CNE), 45% Pre-Anglo-Saxon Briton (WBI)
“Be more concerned with seeking the truth than winning an argument” 
Not sure where to post this question:
Can we share links to Google Bard prompts and answers in the right sections of the forum?.
Thanks
(10-12-2023, 03:35 AM)Isidro Wrote: Not sure where to post this question:
Can we share links to Google Bard prompts and answers in the right sections of the forum?.
Thanks

Sorry, I don't understand. You want to post replies made by AI?
Rufus191 likes this post
(10-12-2023, 03:29 PM)admin Wrote:
Thanks

Basically yes,Google has a  website called Google Bard and it is an AI platform. There you can exchange questions and follow up  answers about a subject and when you are done there is an option to create a link online where anyone can access it for reading.
Rufus191 likes this post
(10-12-2023, 04:21 PM)Isidro Wrote:
(10-12-2023, 03:29 PM)admin Wrote:
Thanks

Basically yes,Google has a  website called Google Bard and it is an AI platform. There you can exchange questions and follow up  answers about a subject and when you are done there is an option to create a link online where anyone can access it for reading.

I think that's fine, you can share on any discussion you feel it is valid. Just make sure to tell the AI to always put some sources of the studies, that can help a lot.
Isidro and Rufus191 like this post