Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
(05-25-2024, 03:22 PM)Mitchell-Atkins Wrote: Luxembourg reaches 100 total samples,
19 U106
16 U152
10 Hg J
9 DF27
8 Hg E
7 Hg I
5 R1a
5 DF19
5 Hg G
3 L21
2 PF7589
1 S1194

Interesting that E and I are almost equal. It looks like in some core Frankish regions, R1b is absolutely dominant, more so than in the rest of Germany, while I-M253 and other varinats of I are much lower. But a much bigger sample would be nice to confirm that.
JMcB, Ambiorix, Mitchell-Atkins And 1 others like this post
A few days ago it was 90 samples of which 16 were U152. There was a higher % of U152 in Luxembourg 17.77% than in Switzerland. But none of the last 10 additions were U152 so it’s dropped behind Switzerland again.
jdbreazeale and JMcB like this post
U152>L2>Z49>Z142>Z150>FGC12381>FGC12378>FGC47869>FGC12401>FGC47875>FGC12384
50% English, 15% Welsh, 15% Scot/Ulster Scot, 5% Irish, 10% German, 2% Scandi, 2% French & Dutch), 1% India
Ancient ~40% Anglo-Saxon, ~40% Briton/Insular Celt, ~15% German, 4% Other Euro
600 AD: 55% Anglo-Saxon (CNE), 45% Pre-Anglo-Saxon Briton (WBI)
“Be more concerned with seeking the truth than winning an argument” 
(05-25-2024, 06:26 PM)Mitchell-Atkins Wrote: A few days ago it was 90 samples of which 16 were U152.  There was a higher % of U152 in Luxembourg 17.77% than in Switzerland.  But none of the last 10 additions were U152 so it’s dropped behind Switzerland again.

100 is just not enough, but I know other numbers from around, like Eifel region etc. and what's for sure is that R-U106 and R-U152 are more dominant in these core Frankish regions than in most other regions of Germany.
Manofthehour, jdbreazeale, Mitchell-Atkins And 1 others like this post
For anyone that would like to know which Y-DNA SNPs are in the MyHeritage GSA test a raw date file was shared by sirdan.

I created a file with the corresponding ISOGG longhand haplogroup from ISOGG SNP Index v15.73 and the corresponding SNPs. It isn't 100% accurate because some positions can be in different haplogroups, etc. Also, the file does not indicate which have no-calls and there can be false positives or false negatives.

The file is at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing and can be downloaded in multiple formats.
JMcB, Riverman, jdbreazeale like this post
I compared the number of Y-DNA SNP positions that match ISOGG SNP Index v15.73 in the raw data files of 23andme v5 GSA and MyHeritage GSA.

There are likely some more that FTDNA or YFull uses but not likely to be many.

23andme v5 GSA has 2291
MyHeritage GSA has 2028

Neither of them test P312.

MyHeritage GSA tests Z195 but 23andme v5 GSA does not.

23andme v5 GSA tests more DF27 positions downstream from DF27 than MyHeritage GSA does.

23andme v5 GSA tests 17 DF27 positions but 2 are false positives.

MyHeritage GSA tests 9 DF27 positions.
Mabrams, Riverman, JMcB like this post
Not sure that this is is helpful in estimating where we end up, but the U152 project is 8 times larger today than it was in Sep 2011.

If this ratio relates to FTDNA y dna database then that would mean there were around 25000 samples back in 2011, 50000 in 2014, 100000 in 2017.
JMcB and Manofthehour like this post
U152>L2>Z49>Z142>Z150>FGC12381>FGC12378>FGC47869>FGC12401>FGC47875>FGC12384
50% English, 15% Welsh, 15% Scot/Ulster Scot, 5% Irish, 10% German, 2% Scandi, 2% French & Dutch), 1% India
Ancient ~40% Anglo-Saxon, ~40% Briton/Insular Celt, ~15% German, 4% Other Euro
600 AD: 55% Anglo-Saxon (CNE), 45% Pre-Anglo-Saxon Briton (WBI)
“Be more concerned with seeking the truth than winning an argument” 
I looked at Armando's MH 2.0 spreadsheet.

Not easy at first since I am rusty working with R1b1 style nomenclature.

There are 115 SNPs under or equivalent to R-M269. 52 of them are M269 equivalents, leaving 63 actually under M269.

17 SNPs are under U106. Mostly different, with a few equivalents.

L48 is tested and is on my pathway. It has nearly half of the men of U106.
I can go one more SNP, known as Z9 at FTDNA but S504/Z28 on this spreadsheet. There are currently over 18,000 men for Z9 on the FTDNA Haplotree, so its still a pretty large group.

By comparison, I would get 9 more levels at 23andMe v5. And 10 more levels from Family Finder, both v2 and v3.
jdbreazeale likes this post
I just realized today that FTDNA only accepts MyHeritage results received after March 1, 2019. https://help.familytreedna.com/hc/en-us/...G10TXCF3SG

Since that is when MyHeritage moved to the GSA chip and there is no update after 2019 then all MyHeritage transfers should have the Y-DNA SNPs from the file I linked to as a minimum, except for unidentified no-calls, false negatives and false positives.

As can be seen from previous posts MyHeritage v2 is similar but not quite as good as 23andme v5 or FF v2 although in some specific situations MyHeritage v2 is better.
JMcB and jdbreazeale like this post
(05-25-2024, 11:40 PM)ArmandoR1b Wrote: For anyone that would like to know which Y-DNA SNPs are in the MyHeritage GSA test a raw date file was shared by sirdan.

I created a file with the corresponding ISOGG longhand haplogroup from ISOGG SNP Index v15.73 and the corresponding SNPs. It isn't 100% accurate because some positions can be in different haplogroups, etc.  Also, the file does not indicate which have no-calls and there can be false positives or false negatives.

The file is at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing and can be downloaded in multiple formats.

Did you check for other haplogroups like E-V13 as well? If that's all for E-V13, its worthless for my purposes, because no relevant downstream SNP's being included, unlike in FF. Is that really all there is?
ArmandoR1b and JMcB like this post
The problem with comparing all of these autosomal tests is that it is relative. Each haplogroup can be in a different situation. Some people are a lot better off with a specific test but others only slightly better off. It's all dependent on which haplogroup the person belongs to and which specific SNPs are included in a given test.

I prefer looking at the TMRCA for the haplogroups as opposed to how many levels. The levels can change as more branches are created from Big Y tests.

For my haplogroup I get the following -

FF v3 and FF v2 puts us at 1600 BCE which is still a very long time ago but does weed out less than 1,000 people. It's 1,000 counting Big Y. Most aren't STR or FF matches anyway though. At least those know they aren't part of our subclade and those in our subclade know we aren't part of their FF subclade.

23andme v5 and AncestryDNA v2 puts us at 2400 BCE

MyHeritage v2 puts us at 2550 BCE
(05-26-2024, 01:12 PM)Riverman Wrote: Did you check for other haplogroups like E-V13 as well? If that's all for E-V13, its worthless for my purposes, because no relevant downstream SNP's being included, unlike in FF. Is that really all there is?

That is all there is that matches the ISOGG SNP Index v15.73 positions. There might be positions without a haplogroup that are downstream of V13 that aren't in the ISOGG file and there might be positions that are recurrent in other haplogroups that weren't identified as being in both haplogroups.

If you have a file with all V13 subclades and the corresponding hg19 or hg 38 position we can figure out if they are recurrent positions or if they are missing from the ISOGG file.

If there is someone with a more extensive database than the ISOGG SNP Index v15.73 that is willing to share it, I would like a copy.

I know there are people with those databases but they haven't shared theirs with me.
Riverman and jdbreazeale like this post
My version of FTDNA family finder v3 haplogroups. This one is using FTDNA SNP names.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
JMcB, Mabrams, Riverman And 1 others like this post
The Preliminary List of FF v3 SNPs has around 10,577 or rows.
I know there were a lot of duplicate rows.

Your file has 3572 rows. Less than I would expect, even with the duplicate rows.

Why the difference?

I did find this file very easy to use and to check my previous assumptions about v3. Thank you.
His file excluded SNPs such as FGC3101 and I am going to presume that it is because it is not in the haplotree. In YFull it is an equivalent to Z17999 which does not have an equivalent at FTDNA.
Hygelac and Mabrams like this post
(05-26-2024, 05:43 PM)Mabrams Wrote: The Preliminary List of FF v3 SNPs has around 10,577 or rows. 
I know there were a lot of duplicate rows.

Your file has 3572 rows.    Less than I would expect, even with the duplicate rows.

Why the difference?

I did find this file very easy to use and to check my previous assumptions about v3.  Thank you.

1812 positions for which I couldn't find the SNP. The rest were duplicates.

I'm very well aware that my list isn't complete.
jdbreazeale and Mabrams like this post