Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Check for new replies
Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
My feeling is that the updating has gone back to 2015. (I don't have any 2014 kits to examine). So there are still a lot of 2010 to 2015 Version 1 kits to update. Although I have no idea how to estimate the number of such kits.

Then after that are the MyHeritage kits. I am not sure how many of those there are, and if the unlock fee applies to them. (No V1 MH kits, prior to 2019).

And then the Vitagene kits, but I suspect that is a very small number.

~~~~~

On my Family Finder, I have cross referenced many matches at MH. More than I expected. But I can also find many of these people at AncestryDNA and perhaps that is the source of the upload.

~~~~~

I understand not putting AncestryDNA or 23andMe Y SNPs on the official Haplotree.

But I dont understand why they are displayed only to the user. I would like to see them as well. The match is already tagged Autosomal Transfer, so its not that confusing.

Some of the 23andMe v5 haplos are pretty good.

My AncestryDNA v1 Raw Data was projected at R-U106 at YSeq Clade Finder. Which is a lot better than "blank".
Mitchell-Atkins likes this post
It just halted for a while.
rmstevens2 and Mitchell-Atkins like this post
From FTDNA Admin Newsletter, June 27 2024

"Family Finder Y-Haplogroup update

We've finished issuing the Family Finder Y-DNA haplogroups for Family-Finder-tested customers through late 2015. Next will be a few that were ordered through resellers, the first chip (2010 to about Oct. 2015), and autosomal transfers. The latter won’t start until probably mid-July or so."
Riverman, rmstevens2, Mitchell-Atkins And 2 others like this post
(06-27-2024, 01:36 AM)Mitchell-Atkins Wrote: Anybody heard anything new about where we are in the process?  Is it done or do we still have more to go?  My last guess was that we would have another 50-60K to go.

I am not sure how to estimate whether 50,000 or 100,000 etc

I can say this.   

On Dec 7, 2023 I had 560 R-M269s on my Family Finder list.   Right after the first batch of updates.  There was no autosomal filter in those days.  In early February, there was an AT filter, which flagged 143 ATs with R-M269.   Assuming that was approximately equal in Dec, then about 417 R-M269s from FTDNA FF kits.

Today, I have 120 FTDNA FF R-M269s still to process.   (plus another 127 AT R-M269s that will be updated, but visible to the transfer man only)

So my FFs M269s are about 70% done.   30% to go.  Mostly V1s.

I get a similar ratio if I look at how my Y12 list has changed.
rmstevens2 and Mitchell-Atkins like this post
(06-27-2024, 06:33 PM)Mabrams Wrote: From FTDNA  Admin Newsletter, June 27 2024

We've finished issuing the Family Finder Y-DNA haplogroups for Family-Finder-tested customers through late 2015. Next will be a few that were ordered through resellers, the first chip (2010 to about Oct. 2015), and autosomal transfers. The latter won’t start until probably mid-July or so."

Thanks! This was the info that I needed read and know.
23andMe: 55.5% European, 33.7% Indigenous American, 4.2% WANA, 3.4% SSA and 3.2% Unassigned
AncestryDNA: 57.27% Europe, 35.81% Indigenous Americas-Mexico, 3.46% MENA and 3.45% SSA
FamilyTreeDNA: 56.9% Europe, 33% Americas, 8.2% MENA, <2% Horn of Africa and <1% Eastern India
Living DNA: 63.3% West Iberia, 34.3% Native Americas and 2.3% Yorubaland
MyHeritage DNA: 87.4% Indigenous in Mexico and 12.6% Spanish, Catalan & Basque 

[Image: IbEDd4z.png]
(8 hours ago)Jalisciense Wrote:
(06-27-2024, 06:33 PM)Mabrams Wrote: From FTDNA  Admin Newsletter, June 27 2024

Thanks! This was the info that I needed read and know.

You are very likely going to get the same thing as Yseq Cladefinder. They use the raw data from the autosomal file from the other company. The only people that get a downstream SNP is if one of the SNPs tested by another company is a recurrent SNP in another haplogroup. The resolution of the other companies is normally too low to get one of those recurrent SNPs.

Check for new replies