Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Genetic Genealogy & Ancient DNA (DISCUSSION ONLY)
(04-18-2024, 01:38 PM)miquirumba Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 12:49 PM)rafc Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 12:24 PM)old europe Wrote: A genomic history of the North Pontic Region from the Neolithic to the Bronze Age

Abstract

The north Black Sea (Pontic) Region was the nexus of the farmers of Old Europe and the foragers and pastoralists of the Eurasian steppe, and the source of waves of migrants that expanded deep into Europe. We report genome-wide data from 78 prehistoric North Pontic individuals to understand the genetic makeup of the people involved in these migrations and discover the reasons for their success. First, we show that native North Pontic foragers had ancestry not only from Balkan and Eastern hunter-gatherers but also from European farmers and, occasionally, Caucasus hunter-gatherers. More dramatic inflows ensued during the Eneolithic, when migrants from the Caucasus-Lower Volga area moved westward, bypassing the local foragers to mix with Trypillian farmers advancing eastward. People of the Usatove archaeological group in the Northwest Pontic were formed ca. 4500 BCE with an equal measure of ancestry from the two expanding groups. A different Caucasus-Lower Volga group, moving westward in a distinct but temporally overlapping wave, avoided the farmers altogether, and blended with the foragers instead to form the people of the Serednii Stih archaeological complex. A third wave of expansion occurred when Yamna descendants of the Serednii Stih forming ca. 4000 BCE expanded during the Early Bronze Age (3300 BCE). The temporal gap between Serednii Stih and the Yamna expansion is bridged by a genetically Yamna individual from Mykhailivka in Ukraine (3635-3383 BCE), a site of uninterrupted archaeological continuity across the Eneolithic-Bronze Age transition, and the likely epicenter of Yamna formation. Each of these three waves propagated distinctive ancestries while also incorporating outsiders during its advance, a flexible strategy forged in the North Pontic region that may explain its peoples' outsized success in spreading their genes and culture across Eurasia.

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/...89600v1?ct

It makes sense they would post the paper before the talk next week. There's a good chance the second part of this study (with the Yamnaya samples) will also appear in the next 7 days. Fingers crossed!

I see bad interpreted paternal haplogroup in supplement PDF i.e. Yas24/40 is dated circa 5,000 BCE and ISOGG prediction is R1b1a1b1a1a2c1a3a2 a R-L21 subclade from Bronze Age

This one, right?
Quote:Yasynuvatka
Vilnianskyi District, Zaporizhzhia Region (48.12, 35.09)
Yasynuvatka is one of the Mariupol-type cemeteries of extended burials in the Dnipro
Valley. Yasynuvatka was discovered by A. B. Borodyansky and excavated by D. Ya. Telegin in
1978. The cemetery contained 68 burials. The earliest phase at the cemetery is represented by
type A oval pits containing one to six skeletons. Multiple burials in the A-type pits were often on
top of one another. Subsequent burials at the cemetery were placed in one large pit Б, 5.2 ×
5.6m, the bottom of which was covered in red pigment.
V. N. Danilenko attributed Mariupol-type cemeteries to the Azov-Dnipro archaeological
group. D. Y. Telegin considered these cemeteries to belong to several groups of the DniproDonets archaeological complex (DDAC), extending from the Neolithic to the early Eneolithic.
The latter included the late DDAC phase with Zasukha-type ceramics, synchronous with the
early phase of Serednii Stih, represented by the Oleksandriya settlement and cemetery on the
Oskil River 3.
Yasynuvatka cemetery, pit Б. Image from 3.
I27983
Burial 24, male (30-40), 5700-5100 BCE
A male (30-40) burial in the red fill of Pit Б, extended supine, head to the NE (Б-1 type burial). Arms were slightly bent at elbows,
wrists on the pelvis.
JMcB and miquirumba like this post
R1b>M269>L23>L51>L11>P312>DF19>DF88>FGC11833 >S4281>S4268>Z17112>FT354149

Ancestors: Francis Cooke (M223/I2a2a) b1583; Hester Mahieu (Cooke) (J1c2 mtDNA) b.1584; Richard Warren (E-M35) b1578; Elizabeth Walker (Warren) (H1j mtDNA) b1583; John Mead (I2a1/P37.2) b1634; Rev. Joseph Hull (I1, L1301+ L1302-) b1595; Benjamin Harrington (M223/I2a2a-Y5729) b1618; Joshua Griffith (L21>DF13) b1593; John Wing (U106) b1584; Thomas Gunn (DF19) b1605; Hermann Wilhelm (DF19) b1635

Messages In This Thread
RE: Genetic Genealogy & Ancient DNA (DISCUSSION ONLY) - by Dewsloth - 04-18-2024, 04:19 PM