Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Uralic populations in the qpAdm models by Zeng et al. 2023
Kolompar Wrote:I replied to Angles making the comparison. Hungarians are a very rare case, possibly the only one, having their language's ancestry diluted so much. I don't know why we would assume a different process with no precedent and no evidence.

What do you mean by this? I meant that the process concerning the Nganasans certainly was different from the Hungarians, just like you said.

Kolompar Wrote:But right, you would need something even more special to spread language over a million square kilometers with no geneflow.

You made a strawman. Nobody has proposed a language spread with no geneflow.

Kolompar Wrote:I'm sure even you don't believe what you say, Evenk, Dolgan, Yakut are known to be recent developments and have obvious extra ancestry that brought their language. Yukaghir aren't all that similar either, I couldn't model Nganasan with them but go ahead and show us if you could.

Look at the qpAdm results by Zeng et al. 2023: you will see several ancestries shared by the Nganasans and those populations.

Kolompar Wrote:Samoyeds on the other hand are quite straightforward:

You are using modern populations as the sources.

Kolompar Wrote:I don't doubt Nganasans could be partly earlier Uralo-Yukaghir, but is there any evidence of other ancestry in Proto-Uralic? I've posted models for several populations where kra001 alone is sufficient. And I agree that Childebayeva preprint is quite interesting, a fully Siberian individual, after 2000BC, far west from the similar samples, close to modern Uralic territory, next to all those possible Indo-Iranians... What is a Yukaghir doing there?

Could you tell us your method: how can you see the language from the DNA? So far no scientist has been able to invent such a method, because language actually is not inherited in the DNA.
JMcB likes this post
~ Per aspera ad hominem ~
Y-DNA: N-Z1936 >> CTS8565 >> BY22114 (Savonian)
mtDNA: H5a1e (Northern Fennoscandian)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Uralic populations in the qpAdm models by Zeng et al. 2023 - by Jaska - 04-27-2024, 10:22 AM