Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Check for new replies
Paleoclimatology database
Yeah, that's all very fair. I think the NCEI database might end up being a bit technical and off-purpose, but there may be some useful bits in there. The majority of paleoclimatology research seems to focus not towards understanding living conditions of deep ancestors, but is aimed more at understanding, calibrating, and verifying how climate models perform in general, with a goal of improving predictions of future climate.

Those population maps are interesting. They mention that it performs worse in Siberia (which you can see in the 19ky map in particular), and in the Mediterranean, so I wonder if it also doesn't perform as well in West/Central Asia. SW Ireland also seems a little aggressive in 13ky, but I could be wrong there. The authors point out that the errors they noted are likely not due to climate modeling errors (and they compare to hi-res snapshot models), but rather human and/or archaeological factors, which makes sense.

Check for new replies

Messages In This Thread
Paleoclimatology database - by Cejo - 02-07-2024, 12:54 AM
RE: Paleoclimatology database - by ChrisR - 02-07-2024, 07:41 AM
RE: Paleoclimatology database - by Cejo - 02-07-2024, 12:41 PM
RE: Paleoclimatology database - by ChrisR - 02-07-2024, 06:36 PM
RE: Paleoclimatology database - by Cejo - 02-07-2024, 07:03 PM
RE: Paleoclimatology database - by Cejo - 02-08-2024, 12:51 AM
RE: Paleoclimatology database - by ChrisR - 02-08-2024, 01:43 AM
RE: Paleoclimatology database - by Cejo - 02-08-2024, 03:03 PM