Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
(01-16-2024, 02:53 PM)Mabrams Wrote: FTDNA did mention some technical issues in their GAP notes last week. 

Processing times are considerably higher than early November.  FF were 2-3 weeks in early November and 5-6 weeks currently. 

I know I have yet to receive a FF match this year.  In fact, I lost two. ??
I have received several Y12 matches. 

~~~~~

Jaliscience

FTDNA releases an official Raw Data file, that does not contain any Y SNPs and just a few mtDNA SNPs.  So trying these at YSeq will be unsuccessful. 

But as we can see, from the Googe Docs above,  FTDNA has access to at least 9000 Y SNPs and an unknown number of mtDNA SNPs, which are not included in the official Raw Data files.

How MH fits into all of this is still unknown.  3495 Y SNPs are known, but maybe there are 9000 plus.  And there may be an Unlock issue there as well.

I see, thanks bro; it'd be nice if there is an unlock issue and deliberately removed the mtDNA with MH and could be add later when FTDNA gives news about their mtDNA this year.
rmstevens2 and Mabrams like this post
23andMe: 55.5% European, 33.7% Indigenous American, 4.2% WANA, 3.4% SSA and 3.2% Unassigned
AncestryDNA: 57.27% Europe, 35.81% Indigenous Americas-Mexico, 3.46% MENA and 3.45% SSA
FamilyTreeDNA: 56.9% Europe, 33% Americas, 8.2% MENA, <2% Horn of Africa and <1% Eastern India
Living DNA: 63.3% West Iberia, 34.3% Native Americas and 2.3% Yorubaland
MyHeritage DNA: 87.4% Indigenous in Mexico and 12.6% Spanish, Catalan & Basque 

[Image: IbEDd4z.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by Jalisciense - 01-16-2024, 09:43 PM