Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
Two observations

New updated Family Finder testers, without a previous Y-STR or other Y test, will receive a new YDNA Results and Tools section on their FTDNA homepage. 

So far, only two tools. The ubiquitous Discover Tool and the HaploTree and SNPs Tool.

The HaploTree tool also has a SNP Results button, where one can see which SNPs were positive.  And the source of the SNPs (probably Family Finder).  You can also download these SNPs. 

Previous Y STR testers will not notice any major changes, although their HaploTree and SNPs page will get the SNP Results button.

A minor quirk is that Family Finder Autosomal results are now being updated to say "Results Completed December 7 (etc), 2023"

~~~~~

One of my 3rd cousins, was apparently updated from I-M253 to I-CTS6772, an eleven step improvement. 

The age estimate went from 2600 BCE to 1200 BCE, so a modest improvement although that might be important to a more nuanced observer of the I haplogroup. 

But I-M253 has 31,500 testers and the new haplo has only 350, so that's almost a 100 fold improvement.  I think that's quite impressive.
Mythbuster General, rmstevens2, jdbreazeale And 1 others like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by Mabrams - 01-04-2024, 04:16 PM