Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
(01-02-2024, 03:25 PM)Vinitharya Wrote: CTS3402 is very general; my haplogroup is from 23andMe and is much more specific, which is just in my case due to luck, as it is found primarily in people of German descent and German-Americans are the largest white ethnic group in the United States.  While CTS3402 is Balto-Slavic, there are more Baltic clades and then there is what I believe to be the core Slavic line, Y2902.  Many people refer to L1029, to which my YP445 is a descendant, to be pan-Slavic, but there are Slavic groups where it is rare, and there are L1029 lines which have few Slavic members; the only truly pan-Slavic L1029 clade is YP263; YP417 is restricted to East Slavs and east South Slavs and the others to western Slavic groups and the surrounding peoples; L1029, with its star cluster dispersal is more of an elite dominance chieftain dispersal line than the core of anything.

Thanks for the analysis, I do believe it looks more likely that my paternal line is Slavic rather than Baltic, with whom Hungarians had almost no contact historically. But it FF manages to give me an even more detailed haplogroup just from my autosomal file I will be most impressed by FTDNA services. I assume my data will be processed among the last, so now I just need to wait patiently.
jdbreazeale likes this post
Ancient (Davidski's G25)
1. Western Steppe Herder 47.2%
2. Early European Farmer 39%
3. Western Hunter-Gatherer 11.6%
4. Han 2.2%

Modern (G25)
1. Austrian 64%
2. Kuban Cossack 23.4%
3. Kabardian 6.6%
4. Crimean Tatar 3.2%
5. Hungarian 2.8%

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by Mythbuster General - 01-02-2024, 07:39 PM