Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
CTS3402 is very general; my haplogroup is from 23andMe and is much more specific, which is just in my case due to luck, as it is found primarily in people of German descent and German-Americans are the largest white ethnic group in the United States. While CTS3402 is Balto-Slavic, there are more Baltic clades and then there is what I believe to be the core Slavic line, Y2902. Many people refer to L1029, to which my YP445 is a descendant, to be pan-Slavic, but there are Slavic groups where it is rare, and there are L1029 lines which have few Slavic members; the only truly pan-Slavic L1029 clade is YP263; YP417 is restricted to East Slavs and east South Slavs and the others to western Slavic groups and the surrounding peoples; L1029, with its star cluster dispersal is more of an elite dominance chieftain dispersal line than the core of anything.
Riverman, rmstevens2, Mythbuster General And 1 others like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by Vinitharya - 01-02-2024, 03:25 PM