Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
I found a FF match that has only had FF but not Y-DNA testing and is derived for R-ZZ12_1. There are currently 1,093 branch participants for R-ZZ12_1. That number should grow by quite a bit from FF Y-DNA. R-ZZ12_1 is not in the 23andme v5 autosomal data and was never reported by 23andme. This is a big one for DF27.

I also noticed that the spreadsheet that jdbreazeale posted has Z195. That was not in the 23andme raw autosomal data. However, there should not be a lot of people terminal for that SNP since the subclades Z274 and Z198 are also both in that spreadsheet that jdbreazeale posted. Z272 is a phylogenetic equivalent of Z274 and Z272 was tested by 23andme v5. Z198 was also tested by 23andme v5. So there should not be much of a difference between FF and 23andme v5 in this respect.

All of this also means that we will find out how many people would actually be derived for M153 if they had gotten a Big Y or SNP packs. This is all going to be very interesting for DF27 subclades.

edit: I did a search of R-ZZ12_1 in FF matches and I found 7 people. None have had Big Y. 4 never had any kind of Y-DNA testing.

edit2: I wonder what percentage of Y-DNA STR tested people without Big Y have also not had FF. There are 7,006 Branch Participants for R-M269 at https://www.familytreedna.com/public/y-d...ame=R-M269 Hopefully most of them have had FF and hopefully that number of 7,006 Branch Participants for R-M269 will go down significantly.
jdbreazeale likes this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by ArmandoR1b - 01-01-2024, 01:51 AM