Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
(12-28-2023, 05:06 PM)jdbreazeale Wrote: FTDNA has definitely begun Y predictions from FF data, but they have paused it for the holidays and are set to begin again "in earnest" after the new year.  I can't find the original post (on Facebook?), but someone provided a link to a worksheet listing the Y SNPs that are found with the FF test, and I post it here for your reference.  I can't say for certain if it is exhaustive, but I can say that, when they start doing transfers, the list will definitely be different because of the different sequencing chips used by other vendors.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...edit#gid=0

If you are a GAP admin, you can easily check to see if your members have predictions.  Just click Reports > Member Reports > Received Lab Results and check the Lab Procedure column for "Prediction" (with no other adjacent procedures for the person).  My small project has only one "Prediction" so far, and it is surprisingly good:  he is a Y-37 tester with a former high-level haplogroup of I-P37, and now he's 17 "blocks" below at I-FGC7189.

That spreadsheet does show some subclades that are absent from 23andme v5 and I-FGC7189 is one of them. However the some of the other reports such as R-DF13 and so on being reported for FF customers shows that a lot of subclades were not included in the GSA chip used by FF. So there is a going to be a lot of disappointed people that don't get a more recent haplogroup.
rmstevens2 and jdbreazeale like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by ArmandoR1b - 12-31-2023, 09:32 PM