Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
(12-14-2023, 03:10 PM)Riverman Wrote:
(12-14-2023, 02:55 PM)Webb Wrote: Another update.  One of my 25 marker matches, now has an assignment.  I assumed he would be somewhere below DF27>Z209 as well, as all of my 25 marker matches and up who have done snp testing are on some sort of branch below Z209, giving me the theory that my str signature, and theirs must be close to mode for the North/South cluster, but this 25 marker match is U152>Z36> down to R-BY64356.  Interesting.

At this point, I only take STR matches seriously which SNP can be predicted. Then the proximity can matter. If they can't be predicted for my main branch, nobody can tell were they might end up. Some of my closest STR matches are in very different branches, which makes this haplogroup assignment, if it goes far enough, so important.

For most people, I agree.  I have 49 matches at 25 markers and in this group are four family clusters who are all DF27>Z209, confirmed.  Separate branches under Z209, but Z209, nonetheless.  Plus Z209 does have a str signature, which if we take the way back machine, made it easier before BigY, when you could test snp's a la carte at FTDNA.  I find it interesting that this one family cluster, because there are more than one match with this surname, are U152>Z36.  This makes them negative for L2.  The str signature for Z209 is this:

dys437 = 14
dys448 = 18
Y-GATA H4 = 10
JonikW and rmstevens2 like this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by Webb - 12-14-2023, 04:05 PM