Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
(12-13-2023, 05:36 PM)Riverman Wrote:
(12-13-2023, 05:24 PM)rmstevens2 Wrote: Guess I should just forget about this whole Y-DNA haplogroups-from-Family-Finder-results thing. So far, no one of any real interest to me has gotten a Y-DNA haplogroup assignment. Checking on it every day is just becoming aggravating. If I just forget about it, maybe someday I'll stumble on the information and be pleasantly surprised.

Just a small fraction being processed as of yet, it will probably need several weeks until all of them are ready. Its a waste of time to constantly check, but it can get somewhat addictive if you are waiting for specific people's results to trickle in...

Of course, you're absolutely right, but I've got a couple of FF matches with my surname who won't do Y-DNA testing on their own, so I am curious if they'll get anywhere along my line. One of them has a nice paper trail to a Stevens MDKA in Devon. My Y line looks Welsh, based on close matches who can trace MDKAs to Wales and the fact that everyone in my Y-chromosome vicinity has a Welsh patronymic surname, but I am curious about this guy and his Devon ancestor.

And there is an old Crawford County, Ohio, history that says my own Y-DNA MDKA was "of Welsh extraction", which matches the genetic evidence.
Riverman, Dewsloth, jdbreazeale And 1 others like this post
Let us now praise famous men, and our fathers that begat us.

- Wisdom of Sirach 44:1

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by rmstevens2 - 12-13-2023, 10:49 PM