Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
(12-05-2023, 12:49 AM)rmstevens2 Wrote: I saw four more of my FF matches today who are merely R-P312, which, although far better than R-M269, can only be described as disappointing. 

Yikes!

If they do something like E-V13 for my matches that would be completely useless. Because I know that 99 % of my STR matches are E-V13. Even something like E-Z5017, E-Z5018 etc. would be a catastrophy for the STR matches.
And its not even enough for autosomal matches to sponsor a test, unless there is a genealogical indication, because E-V13 or something like E-Z5017/18 is just too common to be predictive enough for having a better chance of a closer match. I have E-V13 autosomal matches which are not related on my paternal side, its just not enough if they don't go further.
rmstevens2 likes this post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by Riverman - 12-05-2023, 01:05 PM