Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder
(11-23-2023, 02:07 PM)ArmandoR1b Wrote:
(11-20-2023, 09:00 AM)Jalisciense Wrote: I wrote it because here in Mexico we just have AncestryDNA and MyHeritageDNA, so we cannot know our mtDNA except if one of them implement it.

Besides there are enough SNP's in the raw data to get our Y-DNA using Morley, clade finder or even ADNTRO, but not the mtDNA.

FamilytreeDNA is the lab that does the testing for MyHeritage. https://blog.myheritage.com/2016/11/myhe...-answered/ If you transfer your MyHeritage kit to FTDNA you should be able to order an mtDNA test from FTDNA using the existing saliva sample provided to myHeritage. Try it and let us know what happens - https://www.familytreedna.com/autosomal-transfer

If it works, hopefully you also decide to get Big-700 for you, your relatives and you convince your friends to do it also.

You can also order for a kit to be sent to you to Guadalajara from FTDNA. I have done it the past to Guadalajara. It was before Covid though. It was sent through regular mail both ways and it did take a long time but it was received in Guadalajara and Houston. You could also have a friend or relative send you a kit through one of the small bus services that do direct routes. I know of one that goes from Dallas to Ojuelos de Jalisco. Also if anyone ever travels between U.S. and Mexico they can take some kits with them. A cousin from Jalisco just did it recently.

Thanks for replying, and it's a shame about mtDNA and Y-DNA in AncestryDNA.

In Q&A there is this:

"Once I transfer my autosomal DNA file, will FamilyTreeDNA be able to give me Y-DNA and/or mtDNA results?
No. An autosomal DNA transferred data file only contains information on your autosomal DNA.

However, if you are a genetic male, you will receive your Y-DNA haplogroup but no other Y-DNA features such as Y-DNA matches."

The problem is sending back the kit from Mexico to USA, I have read that the laws about international shipping is very strict here, and very hard (And a lot of many stuff to do) so many people try it but were rejected when they wanted to send a DNA test.

So if you were able to do it from Mexico to USA, could you explain me how did you do? Did you tell them it was a DNA test for example?
23andMe: 55.5% European, 33.7% Indigenous American, 4.2% WANA, 3.4% SSA and 3.2% Unassigned
AncestryDNA: 57.27% Europe, 35.81% Indigenous Americas-Mexico, 3.46% MENA and 3.45% SSA
FamilyTreeDNA: 56.9% Europe, 33% Americas, 8.2% MENA, <2% Horn of Africa and <1% Eastern India
Living DNA: 63.3% West Iberia, 34.3% Native Americas and 2.3% Yorubaland
MyHeritage DNA: 87.4% Indigenous in Mexico and 12.6% Spanish, Catalan & Basque 

[Image: IbEDd4z.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coming Soon: Y-DNA Haplogroups for Family Finder - by Jalisciense - 11-30-2023, 04:46 PM