Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Stolarek et al: Genetic history of East-Central Europe...
Quote:I think he doesn't update sample size number in table when updated haplo values.

Maybe, but I would expect better precision from the author. You should ask him to send us updated table with data as of 2023.

Quote:No need to be so strict.

I disagree. Excellent precision is expected especially from a German author - instead there is a lack of precision and strictness...

Maybe he just invented these percentage values taking them out of his ass. Tongue We don't know because of his lack of strictness.

Quote:Still your R1a value is too big for ethnic Germans too.

And his 21% is too low for Lower Silesia which can be seen even when comparing it to neighbouring regions (north and west).

We would expect a continuum between Upper Silesia and Saxony/Brandenburg, with Lower Silesia having intermediate values. Instead we have Lower Silesia with lower value of R1a than all neighbouring regions including these to the west and to the north - which is weird and improbable.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stolarek et al: Genetic history of East-Central Europe... - by Tomenable - 11-27-2023, 07:33 PM