Hello guest, if you read this it means you are not registered. Click here to register in a few simple steps, you will enjoy all features of our Forum.

Stolarek et al: Genetic history of East-Central Europe...
[/quote]

We have hundreds of samples from Bronze Age Central Europe and only a single M458 from SE Poland next to Volyn with a LTU_BA-like profile so no there is nothing pointing to M458 orginating from west of SE Poland even in the Iron Age (La Tene Czechia M458 shares a recent clade with Poles/Scandinavians and La Tene Hungary M458 is LTU_BA-like). Not even western TCC is a likely source considering it was mainly I2a and had a different profile not directly ancestral to Balto-Slavs. On top much of the Balto-Slavic drift groups of Bronze Age Poland were replaced in the Iron Age and there is close to no continuity between Poles and western TCC at this point.

R1a-Z280 and even R1a-cts1211 was found up to Czechia (Unetice) and East Germany in the Bronze Age so if anything R1a-Z280 arrived much earlier in Central Europe (outliners in case of CTS1211 but still) than R1a-M458. 99% of M458 in Europe today  is from Balto-Slavs and denying that association is really weird at this point. Or which language would R1a-M458 from TCC in SE-Poland speak if not Para-/Proto-Balto-Slavic? There is no evidence for now that M458 was common after 2000 B.C in a non-Balt_BA-Slavic cline-like group
[/quote]

@Andar, There is the Singen sample, which is quite unique. I13780 is Scando like. You're not equating Scandinavian autosomal with Baltic, are you? And, there may well be a B-S element to many of the samples but that doesn't mean that those M458 samples got it while living in the Pripyat marshes or its immediate surrounds. As you post, Z280 samples were found in central Europe. Where the ultimate source of the B-S originated is unknown and, if memory serves me correctly, people like Davidski say it very ancient. Again, M458's ancestors were CW derived. I'm more interested where M458 and its branches were around the start of the Common Era, give or take a few centuries on both sides, since many of the ancient samples descendants don't seem to have survived.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stolarek et al: Genetic history of East-Central Europe... - by leonardo - 11-09-2023, 05:36 PM